Please tell me how screwed I am

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Greenman85, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Greenman85, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011

Greenman85 macrumors regular

Ok. So i bought udid activation from this website: <link removed>

Then I downloaded the 5.0 file and restored to that. It said I needed 10.5 beta.

Downloaded 10.5 beta and plugged my iphone in and got this:

[​IMG]

What exactly does this mean? Does this mean apple has not been notified of my udid activation yet? do i need to do a follow up step to register the udid with apple? if so, exactly where?

What does this mean going forward? AM I now never able to use this phone again? Is there no way to go back to 4.0? Any way I can just get back to a working iphone, I dont care what version I will have. I got greedy and stupid, and just want to fix this. Thank you for any help!

2. jsalicru, Jun 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2011

jsalicru macrumors regular

Well, I have my UDID on there and I'm having issues activating myself.

3. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I think you may be stuck until your UDID registration goes through with them. Hopefully it does because if it doesn't, you may have a very expensive paperweight until this fall.

4. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

This is what I am trying to get clarification on. Does this just mean my udid has not registered yet but it will and I will be able to proceed? Did you follow my same steps? I would love to know how to move forward on this. Thank you to anyone who can undumb my mistake

5. Requiemm macrumors regular

Put your phone in restore mode and restore back to your previous OS. Just did that myself and all is well.

6. bmms8 macrumors 68020

^^^^^^

currently your UDID is not registered. i was in the same boat, i found a member on here who did it for me in less than 5 minutes. try to find someone fast!

7. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

how do i put my phone in restore mode?

8. Requiemm macrumors regular

Disconnect your iPhone and turn it off by holding the “Sleep/Wake” button for about five seconds and then sliding the red slider. If your iPhone is already off, there’s no need to turn it on and then off again. Once it’s off, press and hold the “Home” button and plug your iPhone into a Mac or PC with iTunes installed. Keep holding the “Home” button until you see a dock cable pointing to the iTunes icon. iPhones running older software will display a yellow triangle and text which says “Please Connect to iTunes”. Once you see this image, you can release the Home button.

9. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

my iphone is running ios5 but cant be activated right now. i am confused by your running older software comment

10. o JRoD o macrumors member

o JRoD o

I checked their FAQ page. Perhaps they haven't registered you yet? I'm hoping to find a spot as well, but waiting to see if any forum members can help me out.

Here is what I got from their site.

Q. How long does it take for my UDID to be activated after I've paid?
    A. We usually will have you registered from 1 - 24 hours. Apple doesn't provide an API for UDID registrations so we have to do each one by hand. If after, 24 hours you have not received your confirmation email, check your spam folder and contact us.

11. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

How can you restore if the previous ipsw file is not present on your computer? Would you have to dl the gm version from somewhere?

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

13. Greenman85 thread starter macrumors regular

As far as I can tell this worked. Thank you! i am not even jacking around. waiting until the fall. thank you thank you thank you

14. Requiemm macrumors regular

If you turn your phone off, then hold the hom button while connecting it, it will go into recovery mode.

In itunes you should be able to tell it to recover from your last back up and be fine. It's exactly what I did.

15. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

16. backeby macrumors newbie

backeby

But i sure hope you can give them away to curious members? :D

17. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

You can give them away, if you like, but you can't conduct the transaction using MacRumors.