Please tell me somebody has found a black friday deal!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by coolman827, Nov 27, 2008.

1. coolman827 macrumors newbie

Has anybody found any black friday deals for the iPod Touch 32gig 2nd Gen model? Ive been searching all week all over store, nobody released any sales on it except circuit city with its free itunes card(not enough).
    I called my local apple store, and the recording when i call says that they will be having a special in-store event on the 28th come with great ipods as gifts and many special in-store only surprises with many representatives to help you out. however, every time i actually get to talk to a representative they say: Hmm well im not sure if we are having anything, it will be on apple.com/promo
    Please help because i really want an ipod but i wont be able to purchase one unless i can get it for about ten percent off. Thanks

2. thecoard macrumors member

thecoard

So a gift card isn't enough? I'm sure if you wait long enough, the companies will start listening to you and start taking off $50 and $100 just to please you, especially in this economy.

Of course, you could always just wait to see what kind of deals Apple will have tomorrow online.

3. xhambonex macrumors 6502a

how bout you get a 16gb ipod touch, and be happy that you saved all that money...? especially if you aren't happy with the deals that apple never gives out. They don't do anything fancy until something is dated then you can get cheap older versions

4. drb6 macrumors regular

MR is such a happy place :rolleyes:

MacMall has the 32 gig 2g for $360 or if you have a discount through your employer (EPP program) you can get a discount from Apple via that or I believe I heard on here that if you turn in an old ipod, they might give you some discount.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ OP is very greedy... they give you a free iTunes gift card and that's not enough?

6. rumourguy macrumors member

7. pizzaiolo macrumors newbie

New sealed iPod Touch 32GB Gen2 for $229 net from eBay w/live.com and eBay coupon

Thanks to info from you folks I just bought the above! I hadn't even checked my eBay messages until someone pointed out they got a coupon from eBay, and sure enough I had one for 10% off (it was coupon code CHOLIDAYNOV2008). I opened a Microsoft Live account, searched on the part number (MB533LL), clicked on the eBay results section, specified "New" and voila! I picked the best one from the 192 or so that were listed.

eBay let me combine the Live 30% discount with their 10% coupon, so my $365 + $9.95 USPS Priority Insured purchase became $228.95. And to think I was ready to pull the trigger and buy from MacMall for $360 (minus 4% from eBates).

Thanks again folks.

8. AppleMasterFlex macrumors newbie

Hey this seems like it will work when windows live works.

Everytime i try to open up the ipod touch from the live search it gives me server time out (guess too many people are on it.)

BUT IS THIS HOW IT WORKS, I BUY THE PRODUCT FROM THE WINDOWS LIVE THING THEN AN EMAIL GETS SENT TO MY EBAY ACCOUNT TELLING ME TO CREATE A CASHBACK PROGRAMS ACCOUNT AND AFTER THAT I GET THE MONEY BACK......RITE?

could you help me out and post the link for the exact place where to buy the ipod touch 2gen 8GB.

IF you could this would help me out alot, THANKS VERY MUCH.

9. pizzaiolo macrumors newbie

The process for Live 30%

Here's where you can create a Windows Live account: https://cashbackaccount.search.live.com/cashback/welcome.aspx.

Once you have setup your account, go to: http://www.live.com/, search for your item by name, part number, etc. When the results are returned, click on the one for eBay that says something like "get 30% off if qualified", then you'll be presented the eBay search panel where you can refine the eBay search to hone in if you want (example, select color, memory, etc).

When you find the item you want to buy (I only searched on NEW, BUY-IT NOW items), make sure you see a green icon that indicates the item qualifies for the Live 30%. Go ahead to checkout, and use PayPal. Just before you complete the payment double-check to make sure you see the green Live icon on the bottom, which should specify the exact dollar amount of your discount.

Then you'll be prompted (I don't recall whether by email or after the checkout screen) to edit your Live account to add your mailing address, phone number, etc. After that, check your Live account status shortly after you paid and you should see the discount dollar amount listed in the "pending" category.

Hope this helps-others will chime in to flesh this out where my short memory is a bit hazy.

10. rumourguy macrumors member

also, it doesnt matter what you search for on live.com. you can search for macbook or cheap wii or ipod etc.

11. HelloMotto macrumors newbie

OMG only for U.S. Citizens :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    man they never have something great like this for Canadians:(

12. AppleMasterFlex macrumors newbie

13. pizzaiolo macrumors newbie

Correct--the eBay link that clearly indicates "...30%...". Or you could use the first one "-www.ebay...", either one. Just make sure you see the green "Microsoft Cashback" icon beneath the "Enter quantity..." on the Buy It Now eBay page. Just do it, if you wait long enough and this deal will disappear.

14. surflordca macrumors 6502a

surflordca

I bought my iPod touch 32GB yesterday at Costco. This is not a Black Friday deal as this is there regular price. I paid $388.99 in Canadian money. :)

15. AppleMasterFlex macrumors newbie

Thanks Alot Guys, I figured it out,

Am getting an 8gb 2nd gen for $160

16. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I gotta ask, I'm a bit befuddled on this matter here. I definitely want a nice discount when I purchase a hard drive on ebay or anywhere online for that matter.

I just signed up for a Live Account and went to the cashback section. Upon doing some searches came across some 8% deals on random stuff, but most items say they aren't avaliable. In the left section it states the providers with deals, and when i click on them am asked for a PW then taken to their site but the deals don't seem there.

Any help is appreciated.

I'd love to get a deal within ebay since i already have a 10% discount there too to combine.

17. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Holy Sh*t I need help!!!!

I got the 30% discount to work under my ebay account and was looking for HD's but along the way ended up buying toner for my printer, a mere $14 and I think Microsoft applied my 30% discount towards that!!! Dammit! Only $2 off when I wanted $30 off for the HD I purchase!

How can I correct this?! Please Help. Please.

18. rumourguy macrumors member

just do another search man.... no worries it will be there again, you can get up to 2500 per year bacjk:cool:

19. gLaDiAtOr73 macrumors member

you can use the live.com discount up to 6 times. no biggie

20. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

just bought a 500GB Western Digital HD for $70, thanks!