PLEASE tell me theres an easier way to do this..

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Andy348, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Andy348 macrumors 6502

I'm trying to make a slideshow to show friends/family of a recent trip. Now it seems like I have two options - Keynote or iPhoto. Keynote is just completely useless with photos (doesn't resize them to fit in the spaces) and in iPhoto, I can't add in an intro screen with just a couple words on it or anything of that sort.

I have iWork 08.

Aren't Macs supposed to do very well in this department? All I want is a black page that says Vietnam 2009 and then a couple more of those.. Don't tell me I need to go into Paint and do it there then import it or i'll throw this thing out the window.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Do it in iMovie, then you can add text and stuff.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

4. highertechnology macrumors 6502a

5. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I heard iMovie is capable of that. Can't remember where I heard it though...

6. ss957916 macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'd create a page the size of my photos in keynote and write the text, save them as JPGs, import them into iphoto and do it all there.

I find iMovie surprisingly user unfriendly.

7. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Create a folder in iPhoto with the photos you want, then choose "share" in the menubar, then export to iDVD. Create away! Lots of templates, options, etc. You can even tell it to add the actual photo files so that if someone wants to download the actual photo, it will be there for them.