Please tell me which is better

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by CSLEWIS-FAN, Feb 5, 2010.

1. CSLEWIS-FAN macrumors newbie

Here is my new issue. I just downloaded a trial version of Neo Scene which converts MTS files from my AVCHD camera into a .MOV file. While I understand that is possible with imovie 09, the NEO Scene allows me to individually pick each MTS file as opposed to having to convert the entire AVCHD file. Anyway, here is the issue. There are a couple of processing formats to chose from when converting. Those are - Deinterlacing and Pulldown Removal, or none. I chose Deinterlacing on one and Pulldown removal the second time when converting the same MTS file. Listed below is the info for each conversion. As you will notice, one .MOV file is a little larger, that being the deinterlacing one. There is a also a difference in the total bit rates. Can anyone please explain this stuff to me as I am so new at this, but wanna understand. What is better and easier to edit with. I would be using Premiere Pro. Thank you in advance for your time.

Deinterlacing- (334.6 MB)
    Dimesions: 1920 x 1080
    Codecs: CFHD, Linear PCM
    Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)
    Duration: 00:32
    Audio Channels: 2
    Total Bit Rate: 85,333

Pulldown Removal- (268.9 MB)
    Dimensions: 1920 x 1080
    Codecs: CFHD, Linear PCM
    Color Profile: HD (1-1-1)
    Duration: 00:32
    Audio Channels: 2
    Total Bit Rate: 68,582

2. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

This is really more of a personal preference... if you think pulldown removal looks better than deinterlacing (personally I think deinterlacing is better) then go for that. Or vice versa.

3. totoum macrumors member

Just deinterlace (if the footage was interlaced!)
    A pulldown is something that you use to change the framerate of a video (generaly from 24fps to 30 fps)

I don't think you need the pulldown remover since I doubt there's a pulldown to remove in the first place.