Hello, I know that there's a gigantic thread on this forum about the pros and cons of buying now vs waiting for Arrandale, but I wanted to get a quick poll for my specific situation before hitting that "confirm" button. I'm planning to get the 2.26GHz 13" Macbook Pro with 4GB RAM and 250GB harddrive for a little over $1200 (with the education discount). In addition, I'm planning to get a 20+" LCD (probably a samsung, definitely TN) to use in dual monitor mode with the MBP. This will have to last me a good 2-3 years before my budget will allow me to upgrade. I'm using the computer mainly to watch movies, listen to Podcasts, recording/sequencing in Logic and Mathematica. I also want to start doing some web development in Rails, which I've been putting off mainly because the thought of having to watch the spinning wheel for half my waking life puts me in a sort of numb limbo. My current computer is a 2001 Dual USB 12" iBook, 500MHz, 80GB harddrive, 320MB RAM, OS 10.4 which I purchased back in the Summer of 2001. That puts it at close to 8 years old. It has served me well, but it was way past its use-by date even two years ago and using it has been an increasing pain ever since. There are many signs why it would be hazardous to my health to wait any longer, including (but not limited) to: 1. I can watch about 30% of the videos on youtube, but not before downloading them using Video Downloadhelper in Firefox and then playing them in VLC. The other 70% runs at about 1fps even after downloading and playing in VLC. 2. My hard drive is making loud clicking sounds. 3. I have to wait for the colorful disc to spin for about 20seconds when switching from "Library" to "podcasts" on the navigation panel in iTunes. 4. I have to wait for about 10 seconds when switching between tabs in Firefox. 5. I usually walk downstairs to the kitchen to make myself a drink while waiting for Firefox to start-up. 6. I can be learning quite a lot about website development in the 6 months that I spend waiting for Arrandale, if it even comes that soon. OK, I guess you get the picture. So, should I wait, or should I buy?