Pleased With AM Sound Quality With New IPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AppleRobert, Jul 17, 2015.

1. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Started listening earlier yesterday to AM after I picked up the new IPod Touch from my nearby Apple Store.
    I have been using a pair of Sony XBA-H1s and while I have no idea what DAC is in the device I can report IMHO that the sound quality is very good.

Please give Apple Music a whirl at your earliest convenience when you get the new IPod Touch and let us know what you think. Also, I never really needed to raise the volume more than half way.

Happy listening.

2. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

3. topmounter macrumors 68020

topmounter

ditto

4. Wondercow macrumors 6502a

I thought I must have missed the radio tuner in the specs!

5. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I agree with you I am more than pleased with the sound quality. Not sure if Apple made changes in that area, but I am satisfied.

I was thinking you meant AM quality too. LOL

6. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

It is too early to tell cause I have not done enough comparison listening yet but for the iPod touch's price it sounds really good, the 6 Plus really not that much better. Now that speaks volumes, I am strictly talking out the head/earphone output.

7. Zxxv macrumors 68040

probably too young to know what that is haha

8. AppleRobert thread starter macrumors 603

Cmon folks, the Touch does not have am radio stations.

I thought most Apple folks know acronyms putting well, Apple Music on that forum pretty much is always abbreviated as AM. And don't forget, I am applerobert regardless. :)

9. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Yep, I checked out the thread because I thought the new Touch now contained a tuner. The OP should change the title from AM to Apple Music.

10. OTACORB macrumors 6502a

OTACORB

I have YET to see anyone use AM for Apple Music till now! I hope that doesn't catch on.

11. appleye macrumors newbie

My AM comes in nice & clear on my iPod Touch via iHeartRadio app. Thank you very much.

12. Saturn007 macrumors 6502

How's the built-in sound? Can you put the IPT on your desk and listen to it while doing other things--cooking in kitchen, reading, etc.

13. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

AM?

You should try FM; it's a lot better.

That said, you might want to try out iTunes or even Apple Music; unlike radio, they both have hiss-free sound, which AM and FM don't.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

I use Tunein Radio and I highly recommend it.

15. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I thought you meant AM radio too. :eek: :rolleyes: I got a bit excited there because I thought they had decided to give us HD radio.

I use Radium myself. :p

16. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I received my new Touch yesterday and paired it with my Beats Studio Wireless (don't judge, I love them)... I found the Apple Music streaming quality to be really great so far (an evening of extended use).

Also, I have absolutely no idea about Bluetooth technology, however I found the connection to be much more consistent with the wireless Beats vs connecting with my iPhone 6 Plus... with the 6 Plus, I find that audio quality can take a dip if I move to the next room for example, and sometimes there is a minor "surge" in volume when listening. I didn't experience either of these issues with the Touch last night -I'm wondering if this is related to the new Bluetooth technology in the Touch.. It might be too early to judge for sure though.

17. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

XBA-H1s aren't very good though; I would try out a more high-end pair of iems before coming to any judgement.