Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Started listening earlier yesterday to AM after I picked up the new IPod Touch from my nearby Apple Store.
I have been using a pair of Sony XBA-H1s and while I have no idea what DAC is in the device I can report IMHO that the sound quality is very good.

Please give Apple Music a whirl at your earliest convenience when you get the new IPod Touch and let us know what you think. Also, I never really needed to raise the volume more than half way.

Happy listening.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
I agree with you I am more than pleased with the sound quality. Not sure if Apple made changes in that area, but I am satisfied.

I was thinking you meant AM quality too. LOL

It is too early to tell cause I have not done enough comparison listening yet but for the iPod touch's price it sounds really good, the 6 Plus really not that much better. Now that speaks volumes, I am strictly talking out the head/earphone output.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Original poster
Nov 12, 2012
Cmon folks, the Touch does not have am radio stations.

I thought most Apple folks know acronyms putting well, Apple Music on that forum pretty much is always abbreviated as AM. And don't forget, I am applerobert regardless. :)

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
Cmon folks, the Touch does not have am radio stations.

I thought most Apple folks know acronyms putting well, Apple Music on that forum pretty much is always abbreviated as AM. And don't forget, I am applerobert regardless. :)

I have YET to see anyone use AM for Apple Music till now! I hope that doesn't catch on.

Reactions: Plutonius

Saturn007

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2010
How's the built-in sound? Can you put the IPT on your desk and listen to it while doing other things--cooking in kitchen, reading, etc.

JonnyIreland

macrumors 6502a
Mar 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I received my new Touch yesterday and paired it with my Beats Studio Wireless (don't judge, I love them)... I found the Apple Music streaming quality to be really great so far (an evening of extended use).

Also, I have absolutely no idea about Bluetooth technology, however I found the connection to be much more consistent with the wireless Beats vs connecting with my iPhone 6 Plus... with the 6 Plus, I find that audio quality can take a dip if I move to the next room for example, and sometimes there is a minor "surge" in volume when listening. I didn't experience either of these issues with the Touch last night -I'm wondering if this is related to the new Bluetooth technology in the Touch.. It might be too early to judge for sure though.

Ffosse

macrumors 68000
Nov 5, 2012
XBA-H1s aren't very good though; I would try out a more high-end pair of iems before coming to any judgement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.