Plenty Available - UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by oscillatewildly, Feb 10, 2009.

1. oscillatewildly macrumors 68000

Hello,

Unibody MacBooks/Pros -

These are on the UK Refurb Store all day. Is this a reflection of the state of the economy, Apple beginning to be hit, or is it that they are relatively new to Refurb and there is plenty of initial stock?

Cheers,
    OW

2. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I guess now that the money fairy has gone into hibernation, people are finding it a lot more difficult to get credit for a new/refurb Mac.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

The refurb levels fluctuate, you'll probably find a lot of people are selling their Unibody's at the moment to get the new 17" coming out now. Some weeks the refurb store is packed, others you have to wait months to find what you want.

4. colmaclean macrumors 68000

colmaclean

I'm not complaining about the stock levels as I've just bought a late-2008 MBP from the refurb store.

Apart from the rather poor un-boxing experience (comparable to opening a Maxell VHS tape 4-pack), the machine is mint! :D

5. Carl Abudephane, Feb 11, 2009
    Last edited: May 6, 2012
  6. oscillatewildly thread starter macrumors 68000

The BlackBook was cheaper before Christmas, GBP 699, then jumped to GBP 809. They are snapped up quickly. I suppose the price change is Apple taking advantage of the demand. To me the Black looks better than the White.