Plenty of Ipad's

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Angler, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Angler macrumors regular

Even though I Pre-ordered and received the iPad at 11am just stopped by Best Buy on my way home to pick up the Apple TV. For fun asked if they had any iPads in stock and they said 80 of them. This was at 9pm tonight. Wouldn't have thought that. Far cry from last year.

2. WILLDOGS macrumors regular

3. Meric macrumors regular

The best buy said they will be giving out tickets today at 8 am... My buddy went there and picked up 2 tix and then went back at 11 am to pick them up...

He called me said they are plenty tix available...I went there at 11:30 and got an iPad in 15 mins... They had plenty in stock..50+ I guess... And the guy said that store received 200 iPads...

Last year best buys used to get 10-15 units per week..

Then I called macconnection and ordered another one over the phone...

It looks apple has allocated more units this time...

4. jp700p macrumors regular

What city was this Best Buy? I will call and verify. I have called 2 Best Buy's (before 9pm close) and bother of them are out of iPads. I think your trolling.

5. chazmink, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

chazmink macrumors member

I went to Best Buy in Columbia,SC and picked up a 64gb wifi at 7:00pm. No line, no tickets.

6. diane143 macrumors 6502a

You can check Best Buy in-store stock on their website

OTOH I called the Apple Store, was told what I wanted was there and when I got there 45 mins later they had sold out of that model. <sigh> Said they are getting more in tomorrow, hopefully I can swing in between jobs even though it will be out of my way to do so.

7. fullmanfullninj macrumors regular

Lol so just cause you had a different experience than OP, he is instantly trolling? Give me a break.

I can vouch for what OP said (kind of). I pre-ordered an iPad and when people were posting about how plentiful they were, I called my local Best Buy after class (around 2pm) and they still had them in stock. I drove on over, put it on my Reward Zone, and left. Returned my Apple iPad to the Apple store and I'm using my current iPad from Best Buy.

8. Jspring86 Suspended

Jspring86

They still have 16 GB and 64 GB wi-fi models here in Flagstaff, but none of the 32 GB models in either color. Kinda a shame as I was thinking of playing the return game to see if i can get rid of my 1 dead pixel, but I might just deal with it.

9. Heebeejeebies macrumors regular

Heebeejeebies

Bought a 64 gb wifi in a New Jersey Best Buy at 3PM today. They said they had a lot in stock of all 12 models.

Seems like Apple was prepared or people didn't really want the iPad all that bad.

10. uscmba02, Mar 16, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012

uscmba02 macrumors newbie

I also bought a 64 gb black iPad today at a Best Buy in Columbia SC. At 5pm they had every model in both colors.

Call the ****ing store if you wish. It's one of two on Two Notch Road. Both had full stock.

11. Djay1 macrumors member

Best Buy Galleria Mall in Franklin TN seemed well stocked after the early risers departed.

I picked up a Black 64 Gb Wifi around 11:00am. Got the impression then they still had them readily available.

12. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

well my local bestbuy is OOS :( It doesn't matter though b/c I am planning to buy it next week or the week after. I have some gift cards waiting to be spent so I figure I can deduct some iPad bucks and get some rewards too!

13. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Just for fun, I just called the three Apple stores in my area and they all have lots of unsold iPads. Terrific News!

This is very good news... why?

Because all the people that are not hard core enthusiasts like those of us, who didn't pre-order or camp out at a store, will be able to walk in and buy an iPad rather easily.

More sold, more in the hands of the public, the better for everyone.

14. Angler thread starter macrumors regular

Since you seem to have nothing better to do call Best Buy in Vermont. Apology accepted.

15. jp700p macrumors regular

I called and you are correct sir. I apologize. They don't have 80 of them, but they did have about 50 (i'm guessing they sold 30 by the time I called)

Also I saw a scalper return 12 of them at my local apple store. lolz

16. Angler thread starter macrumors regular

What time did you call?