Plex 8.3 now available with improved SL support

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by VirtualRain, Oct 26, 2009.

1. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

More info here... http://elan.plexapp.com/2009/10/26/plex-0-8-3-let-it-snow-leopard/

I'll be installing it in the next couple of days... if you beat me to it, please provide your insights here! :)

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

I just might have to update my hackintosh to SL now. Well, perhaps after a couple more weeks - just in case. ;)

3. Mr Dobey macrumors 6502

Thanks for the update

It took me 4 HOURS to update!?! when it usually takes about 3 minute to download plex. was it because everyone was downloading the update right as it came out?

4. davwin macrumors regular

Update was pretty painless for me. After installing the Plex update and Candelair pref pane I just had to relaunch Plex, uncheck and then recheck the Apple Remote "listen" toggle and it has worked beautifully since. Very nice update so far...

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I'm waiting for Cave Man to do it, until then I'm sticking with my current build.

6. DAMAC3 macrumors regular

I updated as well. I was waiting for this update as I have several multi-file movies that had lost their thumbnails. The blank squares on my screen where the thumbnails should've been were annoying, so I am definately glad to see them gone.

I haven't had time to play around with it much, but I haven't seen any problems. I can't really say I've had time to test performance improvement much. Plex usually works perfectly, anyway. I'll have to find some time to test a few Blu-ray rips that have stuttered heavily in the past to see if there happens to be any improvement.