Plex and Tv-Show Artwork.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by charlesbronsen, May 4, 2009.

1. charlesbronsen macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

I have a bunch of Tv-Shows in avi format and would like to be able to add artwork to them so they look pretty in Plex. I have done my movies which worked fine as long as the file structure was loke so:

/Darknight (2008)/Darknight.avi

This works fine and Plex gathers all info from imdb. But Tv-Shows on the other hand are a different story. I can't seem to figure out the correct file structure needed for plex to gather artwork. I also tried to manually add artwork with no luck. The way I named my tv-shows goes like:

/Mad Men (2008)/Season 1/Mad Men - S01E01
    Mad Men - S01E02
    /Season 2/ Mad Men - S01E01
    Mad Men- S01E02
    This is not working for me and driving me nuts. Any help would be great. I have also tried adding my own artwork like so:
    /Mad Men (2008)/Season 1
    Season 2
    Madmen (2008).tbn
    again with no luck. I have read the plex wiki page and am still at a loss. Plex gurus feel free to chime in. Many thx

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

Have you read the Plex wiki, pretty sure it's in there. Needs to be in the season folder, named as the season.

3. charlesbronsen thread starter macrumors 6502a

charlesbronsen

Yeah I read the wiki and named my files like they showed but I must have messed up somewhere. I did like this ...

/Mad Men (2008)/Season 1/Mad Men - S01E01.avi
    /Mad Men - S01E02.avi
    /Season 2/Mad Men - S02E01.avi

Is this not the correct file structure to get all the imdb info? Where would I put the custom artwork if I do it manually?

This is really starting to bug me. It's funny because all the TV Shows I want to look all nice in Plex are shows I have already watched and probably wont again for some time. Still I really want to figure this out now. Cave Man where are you:D. Thx again.

4. Messenger macrumors newbie

Maybe this helps, I have it set up like so:

Lost/Season 1/S01E01.avi

No date in the foldername or showname in the filename. Also make sure it gets the data from thetvdb.com.

5. willcodejavafor macrumors regular

This is what I have as well and I think it works for all TV Shows except Mad Men for some reason. Might be multiple entries in thetvdb maybe?

Anyway check out my automatic tv show file mover/renamer :)
    http://willcodejavaforfood.com/tvtorrentbutler.html