Plex not auto-updating

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rayjay86, Apr 20, 2015.

1. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked, I just have not found anyone that has answered the issue.

I use Plex for my tv shows/movies currently. It downloads to my computer via RSS feeds and I watch via my PS4.

Recently I've been noticing that I'll come home to a library that has not been updated. I have to manually update the library and it will then have the new shows in it. I have ticked the box that has Plex update whenever changes to the library directory are detected but it does not seem to work. I've had to set Plex to update every 1-hour now for it to pick up stuff but sometimes I get home in that sweet spot where nothing has been updated but things have been downloaded.

Anyone know what could be causing this? I'm running the latest version of OS X Yosemite with whatever the newest updates are. Latest version of PMS and PHT as well.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

Well, I can tell you that it should work. My Plex Server picks up new stuff instantly the second it is added (Very efficient, love it).

But while I don't have an answer for you, I would recommend that you ask on the Plex forums instead of the Macrumors forums. You'll get much better help I am sure.