Plex.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamijim, Nov 6, 2010.

1. miamijim macrumors 6502

Is anyone else using iOS Plex.

I installed it on my desktop now it is on my iPad, it works like a dream.

2. HalVII macrumors newbie

Likewise installed Plex on Mac Mini and iPad. It's great.

3. iNtaCt macrumors member

I`m using plex on my mac. On my iPad i`m using AirVideo. I just want to ask about the subtitles in plex. I want to make my subtitles on my ipad to be at the bottom of the screen in the black area not in the exact video. Thank you

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I like how can stream view your iPhoto pictures on your idevice.

5. timothevs macrumors 6502

timothevs

Plex on the iPad is the one app I enjoy most. I installed the server on my Mac Mini, and enabled Dyndns and remote access, and now I can enjoy my TV series and photos everywhere. Just win-win.

6. pruppert macrumors 6502

pruppert

Haven't tried it. How is it better than AirVideo or Zumocast?

7. Cinab1mt macrumors regular

Personally, I dont like either PLEX or Klexi as much as AirVideo and here is why. Plex is not a true media server.

Sure it acts just like one, but in order for your files, videos etc. to show up in the program, the program must be able to affectively read the files name, in order to add artwork, IMDB data etc. AirVideo is a true media server in that it adds everything from the root folder, sure the interface isint as nice, and there are some missing some cosmetic feautures, but I can rest assure that every file will show up, where as some dont with PLEX and Klexi.

8. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Have you used Plex9 because thats not at all how it works.

It will scrape anything you give it. Should it not find any metadata available, you still get the filename and a thumbnail taken from the file.

"adds everything from the root folder" - what are you talking about? Plex scrapes folders just fine. If you label them properly, the scrapers do the metadata quite beautifully.

So, whats wrong with Plex Media Server?

9. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Personally, I prefer Zumocast's interface over Plex. Plex also has the annoying habit of needing to have the server bumped occasionally as I can't see my videos or music if it isn't. There should be a button in the settings menu to do this remotely. The scraping isn't always accurate but that is more down to me not telling Plex not to scrape certain videos.