Plexconnect problem

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cardsdoc, Mar 7, 2015.

1. cardsdoc macrumors 6502

This problem has been reported by others but just checking to see if anyone found a fix. When watching a video using plexconnect it will often stop after a variable amount of time and go into infinite buffering. You then can't play anyhthing even through the standard home sharing method. Only an ATV reboot fixes it. Doesn't happen if you play video just through home sharing. On latest plex, plex connect, Atv3. Tried a restore through iTunes. It started about a few months ago. It now makes plex much less useful to me if I have to restart ATV all the time.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

My recommendation would be to post in the official Plex forums rather than some other site like MacRumors.

3. cardsdoc thread starter macrumors 6502

There are already some threads there investigating the issue. Judging by past posts, there are many plexconnect users in this forum so seems appropriate to try and broaden the reach and see if anyone else has any solutions.

An update to the issue - it seems it is only reproducible over ethernet. When connected via wifi I can not reproduce it.