General plist alternative to Slow Factor in Hidden Settings

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dasx, Jan 6, 2014.

1. dasx macrumors 65816

dasx

Hey all.

I'm one of those who like to avoid installing tweaks, as long as I can do the same thing editing a couple of files with iFile, SSH or whatever.

One tweak I installed was HiddenSettings7, in order to speed up animations a little bit. (Set it at 0.65).

Once the Slow Factor is modified, I have no further interest in the settings, so it bothered me a little to have access to them right in the control center.

Well, it turns out that there's a plist file that controls this. It's located in var/mobile/Documents/com.apple.springboard.settings/RootSettings.plist.

There's this pretty at the top:

Code:
    <key>slowAnimations</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>slowDownFactor</key>
    <real>1</real>
    In HiddenSettings7, you set Slow Animations to "ON", that would be slowAnimations to 1, right? And then, slowDownFactor would be the value of the speed, right?

Well, after trying several combinations I can't get the animations to speed up. If I do that, and set slowAnimations to 1 and slowDownFactor to 0.6 for instance, after a respring the animations are incredibly slow. :confused:

So it works, I just don't understand how exactly.

Maybe someone else can figure it out!!

Cheers.

2. dcrumbaugh macrumors member

Err I believe you have to set Slow Animations to OFF.

I just looked at my plist with HiddenSettings7 on and active. In that section Slow Animations is set to 0 and the rest are all around 0.65.

So try that?

3. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

Yes, that was one of the things I tried. Speed doesn't change if you don't put slowAnimations to 1. That's why I can't understand how this works.

4. navodwickra macrumors 6502

navodwickra

<key>slowAnimations</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
    <key>slowDownFactor</key>
    <real>0.58473283052444458</real>

This is what I have after the tweak. It is now smooth and snappy just like 7.1 beta 2

5. dasx thread starter macrumors 65816

dasx

I had that too with HiddenSettings7, so decided to remove tweak and do it myself. Those same settings manually entered do actually slow down the animations A LOT, like if the actual value was 4 or so.