Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I want to know if there is a cydia app for editing plist files DIRECTLY ON iPhone and iPod Touch. I am very well aware this is possible on a computer, but it is more convenient directly on my iPhone. iEdit doesn't work for editing any files (even plain text), and I cannot find anything else.

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I edit plists almost every day with iFile. Get a legal copy and you should be fine.

I just got the free trial, and I don't get what is "trial" about it. Everything works fine, and I don't see a "Your 10-second trial period has just ended" window like on most apps. It asks me to upgrade, and there is a "donate" button, but that's it.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I just got the free trial, and I don't get what is "trial" about it. Everything works fine, and I don't see a "Your 10-second trial period has just ended" window like on most apps. It asks me to upgrade, and there is a "donate" button, but that's it.
It doesn't let you search. That would've been very helpful to me at times.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I have tried that; It always says "Error. The file /path/to/file.plist could not be written." whenever I push "save". I get the same thing with .strings and .txt, too. Not sure what the problem is.

iFile works to edit .plis file, if you are getting a error is due to some other reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.