.plist Message Keeps Popping Up!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jadedxsyn, Dec 28, 2009.

1. jadedxsyn macrumors member

I keep getting a pop up about - Update.plist could not be reached - for the program Intego BackUp Assistant - but I deleted it.

How can I stop or fix the pop ups?

Thank you!

2. chown33 macrumors 604

3. jadedxsyn thread starter macrumors member

I downloaded the Uninstaller but no programs show up... so I can't uninstall anything.

When the message pops up it says Cancel or Open Intego Back Up Assistant - I've clicked both and nothing happens.

4. chown33 macrumors 604

5. jadedxsyn thread starter macrumors member

I've done that but when the Uninstaller program runs - it doesn't find any Intego programs installed. And I still get the weird message.

6. dmacthedon macrumors newbie

Having the same damn annoying problem, uninstaller shows no installed intego files. So I'm in the same boat. Does anybody else have a solution?

I no longer have the installer to reinstall the whole thing to uninstall it properly so i don't even know what to download as I can't remember the actual program since it was a long time since i uninstalled it. But the uninstaller from the site picks up nothing.

Any ideas?

7. LPZ, Jan 16, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2011

LPZ macrumors 65816

Download IntegoBackupAssistant.dmg from http://www.lacie.com/products/product.htm?pid=11134

Double-click on the .dmg to mount it. Double-click on the American flag icon. Double-click on Uninstall Intego Backup Assistant. Any good?

[EDIT] After doing the above, open the Library folder on your hard drive (not the Library folder in your home folder). Then

1) From the LaunchAgents folder, remove com.intego.backupassistant.agent.plist
    2) From the LaunchDaemons folder, remove come.intego.BackupAssistant.daemon.plist
    3) From the StartupItems folder, remove the Intego Backup Assistant folder.

(If the uninstaller did its job, these should have been removed already.)

In LaunchAgents,

8. dmacthedon macrumors newbie

Thank you so much! I think this worked, I ran the uninstaller and was asked for my password this time and it actually seemed to do something. Before it just showed I had none installed with the other uninstaller.

Checked launch agents, launchdaemons and startupitems and thankfully no intego.backupassistant.agent.plist in any of them so i think it did its job and removed them!

Fingers crossed it worked and i don't get that damn annoying pop up again!

Thanks again!