Plotting multi-layered graphics from Illustrator CS2 to GX24 Roland Plotter.

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Dal123, Jan 23, 2010.

1. Dal123 macrumors 6502a

Dal123

I've just bought a Roland GX24 http://www.rolanddg.com/product/cutting/gx-24/gx-24.html and I've promised my mate I'm going to do his graphics on his vans for him.
    I'm trying to create multiple layered vinyl and I need to send different layers to cut from Adobe Illustrator CS2 :eek:. I have researched and Illustrator can send only viewable layers to print to the printer but I am using a Plug-in to send the data from Illustrator to the Plotter :(. It is not possible to send from printer (Roland only provide this plug-in).
    There must be a way to send this data :confused:. I could delete layers and then undo it and send to the plotter this way; but I could run into problems with the crop-marks :( and it's obviously not a professional way of performing this task.
    Any input is welcomed :).

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The only thing that I can suggest is to share the plotter from within Windows as a generic PostScript (LaserWriter) printer. Setup the shared printer on your Mac as a PostScript printer and print on custom paper of the appropriate size.