Tablets Ployer MOMO9-III Tablet Review

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by AppleFanatic10, Mar 25, 2013.

1. AppleFanatic10, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I recently bought a MOMO9-III tablet from Tmart. It's a 7-inch tablet that runs Android 4.0 operating system, has a 512MB of RAM, 8GB of built in storage, and a camera in the front (there's no camera in the back.

When you first open up the box you receive: the MOMO9-III tablet, a standard USB wall charger, a Female USB to Micro USB Cable, a Male USB to Micro USB Cable, a cleaning cloth and the manual.

Here's a picture of the tablet: [​IMG]

When you first start up the tablet, you're greeted with the android symbol:http://youtu.be/gEAnuNShSTU

A couple things I LOVE about this tablet:
    -YouTube/Netflix videos are AWESOME on this tablet. They don't lag and they look very clear on the tablet.

-Web browsing is pretty good and you are able to view any video format on the tablet via the web/device, unlike the iPad. That's one thing I don't like about the iPad, you can only view one video format on the device.

-Games are pretty good, I haven't played a lot, only angry birds and a couple N64 emulator games and it's as fluid as the iPad and at times even better.

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

Things that I'm a little concerned about with the Ployer MOMO9-III tablet:

-At times it will lag and say "(application name) is not responding" then gives you three options: Wait, Quit, or Ok.

-Skype is VERY laggy. I'm not sure why, my internet is very reliable so I'm pretty sure that's not the issue with it.

-The headphones port doesn't work well with any of my headphones, it sounds distorted, so I don't use it at all.

Besides those little concern. The Ployer MOMO9-III is a very reliable tablet, that's good for games, productivity, and overall browsing.

2. jamojamo macrumors 6502

What does it cost? Seems like it should be cheap.

3. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

4. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Android 4.0 on 512MB of RAM? That can't be a pretty sight.

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

That is what my first reaction was, but then I saw the price. That is on par for the specs.

6. Tinmania macrumors 68040

Tinmania

Neither is iOS 5.x on an iPad 1 (256MB RAM). But, probably like this tablet, it is able to struggle through it.

Michael

7. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Oh yea I saw the Original iPad I bought my parents a few years ago running the latest version of iOS it can. That thing struggled to run even basic animations smoothly.

8. AppleFanatic10 thread starter macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

It's not that bad for the things I use it for (netflix, web browsing, games, reading ebooks).