Pls Help a really Green Mac convert

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by JayReyd, Nov 1, 2011.

1. JayReyd macrumors newbie

Pls bear with me as I know this question has been asked at nauseum but I have searched and tried every method with no results.

I just switched from a win7 pc to a 2011 mac mini. I have about 70 gb's of music all rated on my pc but I can't for the life of me get those ratings onto my mac itunes.

I have tried migration
    I have tried using an external drive and pasting my .xml and .itl(?) into my itunes folder onto mac music section
    I tried synching my ipod hoping ratings would carry over to itunes, didn't work and had to re synch with my pc to get it back to the state i need it.

What am I am missing?????? I read that I don't have to edit my .xml file anymore, is this true? Is there a reliable peice of software that will transfer my song ratings (play count would also be a bonus) from ipod touch to mac itunes?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Young Spade macrumors 68020

You're missing hundreds of guides that give you step by step directions by simply googling what you want.

Much faster than waiting for somebody to write it out.

3. JayReyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the useless response. If you read carefully I said I've searched and read every topic. If I didn't do you think I would talk about migration and editing .xml files??? As well as the other things I've tried.

The same could be said to you posting absolutely nothing, what a waste of time. For what... Your post count?

Anyway if anybody has any tips on where I went wrong or reliable software I'd appreciate it.

4. Young Spade macrumors 68020

Sigh.

Have you tried simply copying all files in the iTunes folder, aside from the music, into the exact same place on the new computer? Overwriting the old iTunes folder I mean.

And then, simply move the music to the same location, effectively mirroring what you had at the beginning?

That's what I always did and it helped.

But I love the rhetorical "I did it for the post count" jest. That's a first.

5. JayReyd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks... I've done all that aside from transferring the iTunes folder THEN the music. I'll try that hopefully it works as none of the guides mentioned that step. I'm confused cus all my track tags transferred but not the ratings.