Pls help me choose should I get a MacBook pro or other noteBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Xiaodark, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Xiaodark macrumors newbie

Hi.i been thinking should I buy the coming updated MacBook pro or some other notebook.I would be using for school and hardcore gaming like mw2.i like MacBook pro is because of it style and also I heard that if u put window 7 into MacBook pro and play those hard core game the MacBook pro will get hot and will spoil the MacBook pro rite??pls help me as I would like to buy a notebook that can play game and for school and have nice design.sry for my bad English. Thx for the reply.ya I know other notebook get hot too but they all have better fan rite or am I wrong??but I really want a mbp but the only problem for me is can it play high end game on high quality with no lag and future game on window as some game can only play on window and will it spoil my mbp?? Sry if I being a moron as I juz wanna clear my doubt before I buy anything.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

MacBook Pro is fine, other laptops will run hot too, you know? It's because they usually use the same components, CPU and GPU, which get hot on all platforms during heavy use.

And please reconsider your thread title.

The thread title guy strikes again:

A more descriptive and precise thread title will help cater to the right audience and get you more responses.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the "Go Advanced" button below your message.
    Have you also taken a look at MRoogle, since that question may have been asked several times?

from the forum rules:

Minor Problems

3. Thread titles.

Use thread titles that indicate the subject of the thread, not generic titles such as "Need help". Moderators may change thread titles that have no specifics, usually by adding something more specific in parentheses.
    http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules#Minor_Problems

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you want to play MW2 with no lag @ high settings, you need to get one with good GPU and that costs 2000$. If I was you, I would build a nice gaming rig for ~700$ (AMD Phenom x4 965 BE 3.4GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI 4870). That will run MW2 dozens of times better than MBP and still leaves you money for MacBook or other laptop and no heat issues.

If you want a laptop, no both, then you haver to think about what do you do the most. It doesn't make sense to buy MBP if you play MW2 most of the time because you have to reboot to get back to OS X so you might end up spending all your time on Windows so...