PLS help me decide.....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Rayan19, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Rayan19 macrumors newbie

Hiiiiii,
    i need ur help to decide

i will be buying an Iphone 4 or an Ipad 2
    wich one to choose?

PS:-i dont really use my mobile phone
    -i am a game lover
    -i own a nokia phone
    -i would love to have something to carry with me

2. Rayan19 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. mehanika Guest

What exacly do you game? And how much?
    What sort of transportation do you use? And for how long at the time?
    -Regards Mehanika

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Think you answered your own question.

Bumping is frowned upon. Read the forum rules.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I own an iPhone 4 and an iPad. I used the iPad almost all day every day until I got the iPhone 4. It turns out I use the iPad a lot less now but still far more than the netbook it replaced. I really like Nokia phones and you could do a lot worse than a Nokia phone and an iPad 2. Under normal circumstances, an iPad is a better investment than an iPhone because it doesn't carry a mandatory data plan with it. I find I use my iPhone a lot because I can read most documents and web sites in landscape mode on the retina display without any further zooming. The retina display is 3/4 the dimensions of the iPad display.

iPad 2 cost: $500. You couldn't blow money on a data plan even if you wanted to. Add $39 for the cover.
    iPhone 4 cost: $199 plus $15 to $30 a month mandatory data plan for 2 years = $560 to $920 out of pocket. Also I would add a case. I don't like walking around with my iPhone 4 "naked" in my pocket as I don't want the front or back glass scratched so add $49 for a good case and invisible shield.

If you can afford the iPhone, it is a better "value" because you will more likely always have it with you. An iPhone 4 effectively replaces a digicam for family photos, etc. I only carry my digicam for very special occasions now. An iPhone 4 gaming performance won't be a good as iPad 2 but I noticed it was better than iPad 1. Then there is another thing to consider. A new iPhone will be coming out within a few months. If you need something now and can't wait, the iPad 2 is a better deal because it is brand new. If you can wait, a newer iPhone may work out better for you as it will probably match iPad 2 performance specs.

Of the 2, iPad is more of a "want" device and iPhone is more of a "need" device for most people but it really depends on your situation.

6. striatedglutes macrumors 6502

You don't need a screen protector. I demo stuff like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5IMpKsCkZg&NR=1) all the time. If you're really that paranoid, don't carry your iphone in the same pocket as your keys. I imagine that's annoying as hell anyway :confused:

As to the OP, why not consider an iPod Touch?

7. gorgeousninja macrumors 6502

gorgeousninja

It's easy, buy an iPad2 in March, as you already have a phone, and then keep saving until around June when the new iPhone comes out, and get one of them...You'll have two of the newest, and best consumer electronic devices on the market, and you can then donate your Nokia to the nearest recycling bin...:)