Pls help... Trying to restore my iphone 4 to 4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by inpulze, Jul 22, 2011.

1. inpulze macrumors newbie

Dear Members,

I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me what to do.
    Here's the situation:
    1-Had 4.2.1 jailbroken with greenpois0n
    2-Wanted to upgrade to 4.3.3
    3-Downloaded tinyumbrella and saved my SHSH for 4.2.1 and i seem to also have SHSH for 4.3.3
    4-In tinyumbrella, I clicked on "start tss server"
    5-Launched iTunes and "option-clicked" restore and selected the 4.3.3 8J2.ipsw that I downloaded from the internet.
    6-The restore process continued until it said "restoring firmware"
    7-The dreaded 1013 error message popped up
    8-I modified the /etc/hosts file by going to terminal and deleted the two lines that had the gs.apple.com reference and saved the file
    9-I did steps 4 and 5 above again and the dreaded 1013 error message popped up again.

Now I have a bricked phone and I really don t want to update to 4.3.4 because I won t have access to an untethered jailbreak. Please help me. I have done so much research but I really don t know what to do.

:-(

2. inpulze thread starter macrumors newbie

Can you do that on a Mac?

I don t have a windows machine. I have a mac. Is there a similar procedure to do that?

3. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

How someone can use so many ellipses dots is astounding.

Use Pwnagetool. It's better anyway.

4. inpulze thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok so I managed to get it back to 4.2.1 I don t even know how. I did the procedure described in tinyumbrella s website for preserving it baseband. So my iPhone is no longer bricked and it is still jailbroken using greenpois0n.

But I guess I really want to upgrade to 4.3.3 How do I use the Pwnagetool to upgrade to 4.3.3 ? or is that something I cannot do?

I don t seem to be able to restore to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 from iTunes at all... Using Tinyumbrella servers like I described in my first post?

I actually barely know what I am doing.

5. inpulze thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok so I managed to get it back to 4.2.1 I don t even know how. I did the procedure described in tinyumbrella s website for preserving it baseband. So my iPhone is no longer bricked and it is still jailbroken using greenpois0n.

But I guess I really want to upgrade to 4.3.3 How do I use the Pwnagetool to upgrade to 4.3.3 ? or is that something I cannot do?

I don t seem to be able to restore to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 from iTunes at all... Using Tinyumbrella servers like I described in my first post?

I actually barely know what I am doing.