Pls post hypermac actual usage times...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by steffi, Jan 18, 2010.

1. steffi macrumors 6502a

If you have a Hypermac battery in any capacity what are the actual usage times you get with it then? I'd rather not pay extra for time I don't need but I don't want to buy too little either.

My machine is 2.26 MBP 13" with 8 GB ram and x-25m 160gb so I'm guessing I might get a little more out of the internal battery.

Hypermac tells me that the 100w is their most popular model.

2. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

From my experience, the HyperMac battery duration times are significantly overstated. We all want to take the minimum of additional weight with us when we travel, and so we all try to optimize. Thus comes the decision about just what size of HyperMac battery do I need, right? :)

As I mentioned in another post, I have a 150Wh model and it is my experience that I can get about 7 hours out it using my 17" MBP. I could probably squeeze some more time out of the battery if I further decreased the screen brightness (which I keep at around 1/2). Regardless of whatever I do though, my experience is that flying from the US, by the time I reach Europe, the battery is drained. The good thing is that my laptop battery is still charged up and so I'm ready to do whatever work I need to do. On the longer flights to the Middle East I would have to tap into the laptop battery as well.

The question is, how much computer use time do you think you'll really need? Even on a very long flight you'll probably end up sleeping, reading, maybe watching an in-flight movie, etc. You could also put some TV shows or movies on your iPhone or iPod Touch and watch them that way. I think it's quite acceptable for some of the video content (especially the shows). That way you'll use way less energy than using your laptop. The HyperMac batteries have a USB port on them as well, and so you can keep using your iPhone or iPod Touch and keeping it charged up for a very long time.

Decisions, decisions...right? :)

Regards,
    Jerry

3. MacModMachine macrumors 68020

MacModMachine

i did not get near advertised times,

wifi on , no gaming , all light browsing.

150Whr model,

got maybe 7 hours on my macbook pro.

9 hours on the air.

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

Pretty much my experience as well....