Pls recommend me an app for catalogue video.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by matrix07, Oct 11, 2014.

1. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

..that is not iTunes or Plex.

I like iTunes but it only works with mp4 or m4v.
    I already have Plex for something else.

I have many video files in different formats that I want to consolidate into one interface. I want it to show poster art like iTunes and be able to sort it with date(year) of release, genres, studio, actor/actress and I should be able to put in synopsis as well.

If MPlayerX has library function it will be perfect but it doesn't so pls recommend me one.

(I searched in Mac App Store and couldn't find a thing)

2. matrix07 thread starter macrumors 68040

matrix07

After further searching I found Coollector and Popcorn Time to be the closet of what I'm looking for. Will try both to see if it works as expect.

3. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

Popcorn Time is a popular front end for HTPCs.

4. matrix07 thread starter macrumors 68040

matrix07

Too bad it's only playing movies from online (I want it to play locally). And for the other one, you can't input your movies manually which is a shame.
    This search is much harder than I thought. :mad:

5. Coollector macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm the author of Coollector Movie Database.

Please explain what's your problem. Did you add your videos with the menu "Tools->Scan your video files"? If you had movies missing from our database of movies, you can request them on our forum and they'll be added with the next database update.

http://www.coollector.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=116

6. orestes1984 macrumors 65816

You might want to read the above.

7. matrix07 thread starter macrumors 68040

matrix07

The problem is what I tried to add are obscure foreign movies which are not, and will never be, in IMDB or any other online databases. I just want to be able to enter the data manually (like My Movies for example, which I have for Blu-Ray disc) but I guess you need an app that has database ability built into it.

8. Coollector, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

Coollector macrumors newbie

You can request movies to be added to our database, even if they're obscure. But it's true that they need to have an IMDb Id.

In your first message, you talked about "poster art", so I hadn't imagined that you wanted to manage movies "which are not, and will never be, in IMDB or any other online databases". In fact, you're the first person which I hear about who owns movies that are not listed by the IMDb. Are you really sure they're not on the IMDb? Could you please give me some examples? Have you considered asking the IMDb to add them?

http://www.imdb.com/czone/?ref_=nv_cm_cz_2

You can edit many things in our database. The technical details of your videos, which movies you've seen, how much you've liked them, maintain a wish list, a loan list, apply tags, write notes or synopsis, etc... But yes, our concept is to include a database of all the existing movies. We add movies as they're released in theaters or on video, and if we happen to miss a movie, our users can request its addition.