Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darryl.Jenks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Self-absorbed
I'm teaching a class next Spring, and would like to use a remote to advance PowerPoint slides on my 13" MBP (late 2015). If you've had good luck with one, would you please share the brand/model? Many thanks.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Do you use PowerPoint or Keynote?

If you use Keynote and own an iPhone or an iPad, you can use that device to run the presentation. There are iOS apps that replicate this functionality for PowerPoint, but I have never used them. Maybe someone else can chine in on those solutions or physical remote that works well.

Darryl.Jenks

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 29, 2014
Self-absorbed
Do you use PowerPoint or Keynote?

If you use Keynote and own an iPhone or an iPad, you can use that device to run the presentation. There are iOS apps that replicate this functionality for PowerPoint, but I have never used them. Maybe someone else can chine in on those solutions or physical remote that works well.

Thanks for the reply, iMi. As mentioned in my original post, PowerPoint. I'd prefer something that connects via Bluetooth if possible, but since I have a MBP with actually useful ports (ah, the good old days!), a USB remote would work well, too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.