Pls solve this safari and firefox issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bonvoyage, Jan 11, 2011.

1. bonvoyage macrumors member

whenever i opens firefox or safari an error window pops up(screen shot attached).
    When i try to buy products thru online webistes like amazon,ebay,apple etc ,Page type will suddenly change to an unfriendly html format/ cached type format.This happens when i surf thru check out page to the details of address/shipment details/payment details pages.

eg :
    https://store.apple.com/us/sign_in?...e3f73&r=SXYD4UDAPXU7P7KXF&t=SXYD4UDAPXU7P7KXF

this wht happened when try to sign into apple store to buy a product.
    This page is next to the check out page.

Pls let me know how could i solve this issue

Attached Files:

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The error message is telling you that your browsers are being redirected to other sites. This is not unheard of. There is no way to diagnose the problem without knowledge of how your computer accesses the Internet.

3. bonvoyage thread starter macrumors member

i m usin the orcon broadband connection @ home,thru a router provided by the service provider ORCON.

i noticed ths issue when i restarted my system aftr it went off 4 a while due to low battery.When it restarted, date and time wanted to get updated whr it went to the default factory settings date/time.Aftr ths incident i believe whenever i enter into any website or even my bank accounts which i usd to check atleast once in a day,usd to ask to confirm the security certificate again.

to get rid of ths issue i've installed google chrome which isnt even let me enter into my gmail accounts (screen shot attached)

how could i get rid of this issue

Attached Files:

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Oh, please. My hypothesis as mentioned in my last post was that your problem is a DNS problem. If it is a DNS problem, then it is not a browser problem. If your problem is caused compromised DNS servers, then you may also have problems trying to access your email using Mail. Every other Internet application may also have issues. BTW, a dead battery should not reset your computer to its factory settings unless your laptop is very old.

5. bonvoyage thread starter macrumors member

thnks for the reply.
    how do i rectify this issue ?

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Some users switch their DNS servers from those issued by the ISP's DHCP server to OpenDNS.

7. bonvoyage thread starter macrumors member

it worked
    thnks thnks thnks a ton
    i m really gr8ful for ur help..thnks a lot