plug extender that works with bumper?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mavrick1903, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mavrick1903 macrumors member

2. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

[​IMG]

3. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

That "slim" connector from Value Outfitters looks awfully flimsy. Have you actually used one in a freestanding dock? I can't imagine it would stay connected well that way. Could be good for cables though.

SendStation's site says they're working on one, but no idea when they plan to release. A lot of people are either carving their bumpers or whittling down the plastic on their cables in the meantime; I opted for buying extra OEM cables on ebay and changing them out for the ones in our cars that didn't fit.

4. shuynh1185 macrumors newbie

5. iamartimus macrumors 6502

Wow, those USB Data cables are super cheap at $1.50 and free shipping!! I just order 2 to have as spares! Thanks for the link!:D

6. koolzero macrumors regular

I found 6" usb extension cables from mono price for $1.14 a piece, however they don't look flush like the ones from ebay they are cheaper and they do the same thing.

7. luvBnaGeek macrumors newbie

This Extender Worked for me

This is about the only solution I have found to extend with my iphone bumper on - its really basic but it worked for me :D

8. SanDiegoTech macrumors newbie

Extender Boost works

The Extender boost I got from gadgetboost.com is slim but very sturdy - worked for me.

9. chris007 macrumors newbie

10. SanDiegoTech macrumors newbie

Chris Smith, rep of BuyịJet said

Yes, Chris S, I got redirected too and then on that site was faced with a bunch of pop-ups and a malware warning. Looks like that site buyijet.com is about to go out of business also. I finally did buy my iphone extender and as Luv2 above mentioned, it is very sturdy. Happy holidays all and shop safely :D

11. scelzifan macrumors 6502

12. SanDiegoTech macrumors newbie

iPhone iPod Bumper OtterBox Dock Extender Adapter Cable

Glad to help out I just got my dock extender for my iPhone personalized so that was kind of cool. cheers