Plug-in For Correcting Vocal "Imperfections"

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JonHimself, Jul 2, 2007.

1. JonHimself macrumors 68000

JonHimself

I have heard about plug-ins (don't know for which program) that will tune someone's recorded voice if they are off-key. I know there are digital boxes that will do this but assume that there are also plug-ins to do the same (I saw it in some video making fun of how easy it is to "manufacture" pop stars) Does anyone know anything about these plug-ins or the program they can be used in? I've tried searching the forums but really didn't know what I was looking for.

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

the two most popular are Auto-tune and melodyne.

personally, i prefer Sing-it-Again. :)

i've used neither of the two, and from what i understand it takes some practice to both fix the problem and have it sound natural. i'll probably pick up one or the other some day; each have their fans and detractors, so i don't know which one.

3. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

Waves tune is an excellent tool for vocal correction. It is essentially a cross betweeen Melodyne and Auto-tune, once it has scanned your vocal track (which it does by simply playing your song down once) it applies general pitch correction to your entire track (much like auto-tune set to automatic) but then you can go in and edit any errors manually (much like melodyne). There is a Lite version available on the waves website which if memory serves me well is pretty reasonably priced.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i've been scared off Waves because of the nightmare stories i hear about their WUP. is it much of a PITA for you?