Plug-in tone

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by powers74, Oct 9, 2013.

1. powers74 macrumors 68000

powers74

I posted this in the sticky but it looks like not many people read it anymore, so I'm reporting it here, but I thought it was pretty neat and just figured it out. It's also going to be tricky for me to verify since all my devices are now iOS 7…

I just watched "Minority Report" again last night for only the second time since shortly after it came out. So there are a few scenes where Cruise has to log in with a retina scanner at the "Department of Pre-crime". The first time I cocked my head sideways. The second time I thought to myself "nnaaaahhh… couldn't be". The third time I was like "holy ****! Apple totally stole the Dept. Of Pre-crime log-in tone from "Minority Report" for the charging sound in iOS 1-6!"

Maybe this is common knowledge (and I haven't read through all seventy some odd pages in the thread), or maybe I'm losing my mind! Check it out for yourself!

2. LastOneToKnow macrumors member

Irrespective of where the sound originated from I'll certainly give it a listen. Haven't watched Minority Report in a while. For those that don't own this title on Blu-ray it's definitely worth adding to your collection if you are a fan of the film. Reference quality audio and video. Highly recommended. :)