Plugging... Mbp dust plugs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rest, Aug 11, 2011.

1. rest macrumors newbie

I am wondering if anyone knows of any good quality MBP dust plugs for the ports (usb,thndrblt,frwr,ethrnt,etc...). It would be nice to have plugs for the power magnet port, and even a long thin plug for the cd slot and a little plug for the kensington lock slot.

MBP dust plugs are incredibly practical and relatively simple, I am surprised that they are not a more common accessory. I bought some that I found online after searching for hours, but they are cheaply made and don't fit quite right.

If anyone knows of some excellent MBP dust plugs, please post info/links/pictures here!

Rest

Plugging... :eek:;)

2. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Why not just keep the laptop in a sleeve when not in use? Unless of course you intend to use the laptop with all those plugs in.

3. rest thread starter macrumors newbie

This is exactly what I bought and they fit terribly... Thanks for the help though!

----------

I rarely (if ever) use the ethernet, audio in/out, and thunderbolt ports. I don't want them filling up with dust. And believe me, living in the windy and dry Australian outback, there is a lot of dust (even inside my clean house the goddamn dust finds its pesky way into my ports).

4. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

For an inexpensive solution, how about a piece(s) of Post-it® Notes cut to fit and applied over the ports.

[​IMG]

5. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Practical for what? I've never had problems with my plugs on any of my laptops over many years due to dust. Not everyone sees the need for them which is why they're not more common.

Ah, I see. I should have also said "not everyone lives in the Outback (or similar dusty environment)". Sorry. :D

6. altecXP macrumors 65816

Practical for what? I've work in IT for years and never had any issues caused by "dust in ports."

7. justn macrumors member

justn

What about some Gaff tape? I'm being quite serious here. I use it on a lot of my electronics, from holding battery doors shut to covering annoying leds. It has a nice, not cheap, appearance and won't leave a residue when you take it off either.

8. T4R06 macrumors 65816