Plugin for iPhoto to automatically import photos like Picasa does

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ToddJ, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ToddJ macrumors 6502

Is there a third party plugin that could be added to iPhoto that would automatically scan my hard drive for photos and then automatically add them to iPhoto?(like Picasa does)

2. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i think there is an automator action that does that. unfortunately i don't have a link but it should be easy to find.

another possibility i guess is to search for ".jpg" in spotlight and move all files into iphoto. then they would be organized by date as events.

3. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

In reference to that latter one, that would work the first time, but it wouldn't work well on a regular basis.

4. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

also, how can I get iPhoto to new photos from an existing folder to put them in the same Event and not make a new Event with the same name?

5. skybolt macrumors 6502a

Once the second batch is imported, just drag that "event" to the original event and they will be combined.

6. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip. However, i already knew I could do that....it is just that if you add a lot of single pics here and there, it gets to be a pain. And a computer should be smart enough where I wouldn't have to do that.

7. ToddJ thread starter macrumors 6502