Plus battery life

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kevink2, Sep 10, 2016.

1. kevink2 macrumors 65816

Is the plus battery life REALLY that much better than the regular?

After my last real vacation last year, I decided that I needed a battery case. Use of camera. Away from a charger all day. Poor cell phone coverage. Phone had a tendency to go dead early.

So I order the plus this time for a change. But I see Apple doesn't seem to carry the battery case for the plus phone. It would be nice to have a battery case at least for vacations.

The apple case had a couple major advantages vs the 3rd party one I tried first. Lightling connection, so didn't have to worry about micro-USB. Transparent use, vs the third party one I had to push a button to start recharging phone.

2. Bigserver1, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

Bigserver1 macrumors regular

With heavy usage you're still charging daily on the plus. The battery life is better, but not insane. I noticed better battery life for sure with my 6s+ vs my 6, but not a huge difference.

3. JoeyD74 macrumors 6502

I get all day on the s plus, it was a big jump from the 6 I had.

4. ray737 macrumors 6502

Battery life on the 6 plus way surpasses the 6. Plus is the only way to go!

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I get 10-12 hours easy out of my 6+ with moderate use assuming cell signal isn't poor. I'm expecting an additional hour from the 7+ when it arrives.

6. gthorson macrumors member

Night and day. My 6S doesn't even come close to making it through the day. My 6S+ would make it through the day with 20% remaining.

7. kevink2 thread starter macrumors 65816

I guess I'll learn this next January. Vacations over the last 5 years in places like Alaska and DC, my older model phones tended to run down before the end of the day.

Now, having the phone icon on the lock screen has helped. Years ago, to have the phone ready for pictures quickly I had to keep the lock turned off. Now, you can swipe the phone and get the camera ready faster.

8. M. Gustave macrumors 68000

M. Gustave

Maybe you guys have your screen brightness at 100%? I get almost two days on my 6s+. And I'm doing lots of stuff on it.