PLZ ANSWER: Set up account w/o giving Credit Info

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HEB, Jan 8, 2011.

1. HEB macrumors member

I just got some itunes gift cards and now I'm ready to use them for my mac. I've never used itunes gift cards before, though.

When i tried redeeming the code on the Mac App Store, it asked for my apple ID, so I typed it in and it said:

"This Apple ID has not yet been used with the iTunes Store. Please Review your account information."

I clicked "Review" and when I got to the credit card number part, I decided not to type it in, because I don't own a credit card. Therefore, it did not let me redeem the code. Is there any way I can redeem some money and buy some apps without giving out any credit card information?

Thank you, please reply quickly. :D

P.S.: please dont reply with simply a link. No apple support article has answered my question.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I know you didn't want a link, but this really does show you how to do it. And yes, it is from Apple Support. You'll need to create the account on iTunes, which I'm assuming you have. It seems pretty simple and this should be effective for what you are asking. Oh, and this is from a thread that is on this very page..seems you didn't search very well.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Just click "Creating an account on a computer."

edit: Ah! miles01110 beat me to it!

4. dtblaze macrumors regular

paypal account? or do they now require to link bank accounts?

5. HEB thread starter macrumors member

thanks, but no thanks

nevermind! I guess i was supposed to do it backwards by redeeming then quitting the form then logging off then re-logging in and clicking "no credit card". really confusing, but i got it! thanks for the help anyway! :D