Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
Why cant we have optition to auto hide the annoying home line we know what it does and after 48 hours im used to the phone and the line is always in the way playing games etc i dont need it the notch is ok but the home line isnt needed with ios 11.2 has option to hide it

rawlus

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2009
Boston
it’s a app developer issue, X guidelines recommend app developers not place controls underneath the home bar area. it will take some time for app developers to evolve and optimize their code for X

Reactions: akash.nu

dan9700

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2015
it’s a app developer issue, X guidelines recommend app developers not place controls underneath the home bar area. it will take some time for app developers to evolve and optimize their code for X
Ok hope they do asphalt always shows it when you touch to steer

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016

Exactly that.!

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
What bothers me more is the status bar. I really wish Apple would give the ability to hide it.

theaudiobully87

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2013
I wish they'd get rid of the home bar, or at least have it as an option. After a day or two of getting used to the gestures, the phone is really easy to navigate and the home bar seems pointless. There was no bar needed for swiping up for control center and I don't think there needs to be one for swiping up for the home screen.

Reactions: lirn8

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
I wish they'd get rid of the home bar, or at least have it as an option. After a day or two of getting used to the gestures, the phone is really easy to navigate and the home bar seems pointless. There was no bar needed for swiping up for control center and I don't think there needs to be one for swiping up for the home screen.

I agree. The visual Indicator isn’t needed after a period acclimation.

Daniel L

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2009
It's really annoying on the bottom of the HBOgo app as well. I'm assuming it's a developer issue because the Netflix one disappeared after they updated the app.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68030
Jan 27, 2011

While I agree for our usage, I think the visual reminder is useful for the less experienced. For example, both of my parents had no idea the control center existed on their phones until I showed them. I am guessing the same is true for many other casual users.

However, that being said, I do wish we had an option to auto-hide it. I don’t need to see it all the time. Some apps already do this, but I’d like to see a global option.

kasakka

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2008
While I agree for our usage, I think the visual reminder is useful for the less experienced. For example, both of my parents had no idea the control center existed on their phones until I showed them. I am guessing the same is true for many other casual users.

However, that being said, I do wish we had an option to auto-hide it. I don’t need to see it all the time. Some apps already do this, but I’d like to see a global option.

This is why you have tutorials when you set up your phone or have someone show how to use it. The bar at the bottom does not communicate that it is swipable in any way, we only know that because Apple have told us. My iPad Pro doesn't have the bar and when the swipe up feature came available I've been using it ever since instead of clicking the home button.

Ability to hide it always or automatically would be much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.