plz help i dunno what shld i do

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ram015, Aug 19, 2011.

1. ram015, Aug 19, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011

ram015 macrumors newbie

hi everyone so this is the scenario, my iphone touchscreen wsnt working so i tried to open it to see wts the problem but while reassembling it the screen turned off and now it wont turn on again i cant connect to itunes, and ive noticed that only if i keep holding the powerhome buttons for a while the phone enters in recovery mode and itunes detects it but nothing is displyed on the phone like if its turned off still, iv tried everything like holding the power and home button, removing the logic boadr in case of short circuit, but nothing i cant make it work plz help:(
    PLz guys i need help

2. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you're under warranty you should just bring it to Apple.
    If not and you're not 100% on how to fix electronics then you shouldnt open it up and mess around with it.
    Send it or bring it somewhere to get it repaired.

4. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Wouldn't opening it have voided the warranty?

5. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Technically yes, but in practice, the only way Apple would know a device was opened would be if it was put back together incorrectly, with visible internal or external damage, or if non-standard parts were used to repair.

6. lifeguard macrumors 6502

lifeguard

First thing you need to do is learn that this is not a text message so feel free to use vowels and type the whole ****ing word out!

Second things is this, If you don't know what you are doing Don't Open It! take it to Apple!

7. Kyllle macrumors 6502

Well I assumed that since the screen wouldn't turn on after he put it back together, he probably messed something up.

To the OP: you will probably have to pay $199 for them to fix/replace your phone, if you did void your warranty.

8. ram015 thread starter macrumors newbie

i think this post was added so that i get instructions on what to do, not to hear some stupid guys posting what they think its, so if anyone doesnt want to help then stay away, plus i had no warranty

9. bjett92 macrumors 6502a

You are just rude and disrespectful. You shouldn't have opened it.

10. jap1198 macrumors 6502

There's probably nothing you can do except go to Apple and *hope* that they replace it for you. Since you're not under warranty you might end up paying for it. Not be mean or anything, but I agree with the other posters - you shouldn't be opening up devices if you don't know what you're doing.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Then bring your smartass, ungreatfull and disrespectfull rear end to Apple and pay up the $200 for a replacement.

12. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

1+

Sounds like you destroyed it, how do you feel?:p

13. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

There is a warranty sticker which is impossible to put back on.
    You have come to us for help so don't be rude to us. YOUR the one that broke your phone, YOU'VE come to us for help we WERE helping you. We gave you advice on what to do. Take the phone into Apple, pay $200 and please leave us alone. I doubt you are old enough to use these forums judging by your grammar and attitude?