Plz help me to connect Macbook pro to TV

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by umapati, Nov 23, 2011.

1. umapati, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2011

umapati macrumors newbie

Hi..i have Macbook pro 13.5" with core2duo with Mac OSX 10.6.8..Previously i used to watch movie on LG LCD- HD TV using Mini Dvi ti HDMi adaptor..but suddenly now when I connect my TV with above set up the Macbook screen goes blue for a while & nothing happens & my TV shows as "No Signal"..Even i cant find the "Arrangement Tab" in system preferences >display to activate mirror function if it helps..There are only two options like "Display" & "color" tabs..

Plz help me to solve my above problem..Thanx in advance..

2. simsaladimbamba

Maybe the HDMI input of the TV is broken or malfunctioning in some way. Can you use another HDMI input? And what exact Mini DVI to HDMI adapter do you use?
    Have you any other display with HDMI input to test it on?

3. umapati thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya TV has two HDMI inputs.Both works nicely with my Hd set top box.But cant get signal from Macbook pro..:(

4. taedouni macrumors 65816

I noticed that the same thing happened to me. It started to happen after I upgraded to Lion.

5. taedouni macrumors 65816

I found a solution . Reboot your MacBook and press option-command-p-r and wallah it should be fixed

6. umapati thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the same but it did not help..Same condition..:(

7. jlc1978 macrumors 68000

jlc1978

Check to make sure the connector on the MBP isn't broken.If you have another adaptor (for say a monitor) you can use that to make sure the MBP output is working.

8. umapati, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011

umapati thread starter macrumors newbie

I hv checked it..Connector is perfect.. & I dont hv any other adaptor..So, can't check it..Still can't find any solution for it..:(