Plz help!!!!! No sound with calls!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jdmjosh77, Feb 22, 2012.

1. jdmjosh77 macrumors newbie

ok, i'll try to make this as short as possible....

iphone 4, all of a sudden about 2 months ago when i would make a phone call, the "speaker" button will automatically illuminate soon as the call starts...yet no sound comes thru the speaker at all, wether i toggle the speaker on/off, doesnt matter... the call connects...i can't hear, and the person on the other end can not hear me...

took phone to "genius" bar, and the guy told me it seems like an internal hardware problem... im 2 months out of my warranty so apple wont help me or give me a replacement...

i just want to know what "hardware" in the phone can/is causing this problem...if need by i'll take the phone apart and fix/replace the part....i just have no clue what it would be...

this happens on 98% of ALL calls on this phone!!!

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!

thank you...

----------

forgot to mention....i also tried doing a restore...no luck... tried using a bluetooth...no luck... but sound comes out during music play etc....

HELP!!!!!

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

There's not much to fix yourself inside. Try iFixIt.com for more.

Is it Jailbroken? Which iOS version?

3. jdmjosh77 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok ill try fixit...

its ios 5.0.1

i tried jailbreaking it just to see if it would solve the issue and still did same thing so i put it back to standard ios...

there has got to be something triggering it to not work with calls.