Plz Help Opinions Needed

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Trigga Trey, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Trigga Trey macrumors newbie

Trigga Trey

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

A music video shouldn't just be an excuse to every single effect or filter that you have access to. The start is pretty shaky and its not very easy to see what's going on.

There is also no story or anything to follow. It just looks like a random mishmash of clips. I would try and get a simple story line in there so that the clips can sort of link with each other.

If there is an effect you like then stick with it for the whole video or only use that effect on some things.

3. Trigga Trey thread starter macrumors newbie

Trigga Trey

Thanx that was just my first edit. I will make sure to get a nice formula that works for me an not go effect crazy,LMAOooo...Ty Again

What is your opinion on tha Sony Bloggie Touch Do You Think It Was Good Quality Footage?

4. jwheeler macrumors regular

Hard to tell when every shot had an effect on it.

Lip sync seemed off :S

5. xStep macrumors 68000

If at first you don't succeed, try try again. That is how one gets better and you clearly are interested in doing just that as you came asking for feedback.

The Bloggie looked good enough for now as you learn technique. I was glad to see you used a tripod often. In one scene I notice though that is wasn't level, although that may have been your intent of course.

6. Trigga Trey thread starter macrumors newbie

Trigga Trey

Thanx for all the insight I didnt know that using so many effects could bland the over all outcome, I didnt do a story board I just wanted to see what the bloggie could do thatsba steal for the quality.

7. gameface macrumors 6502

Don't know jack about the camera but if you can turn of auto exposure, do that. Getting good exposure on someone of color is hard enough, but when you stick it in their face and the camera exposes for them then they pull away and it exposes for the sunshine, you under expose the person and you see nothing but shadows. Expose for the talent and if something gets blown out so be it.

Way too shakey.

Way too many effects. Effects and transitions on a whole cover up sloppy editing. Pick a feel and go with it. I think first, have a plan and shoot your plan. Edit it together raw without any effects and see how it feels. An effect should have a purpose. And the best effect is one that ISN'T noticeable to the audience.

The quality was fine. I learned to shoot on a crappy hi-8 and it cost me almost a thousand dollars. What you guys have to play with nowadays is absolutely unreal. Learn technique before you care about anything else.

Get a tripod and if you want to go handheld, practice camera moves. To keep my hand steady I used to sit in front of the tv and hold my camera out at arms length and try to keep it as steady as possible. It helped building those muscles. Tai chi helps muscle control and stability (really).

Camera pans and tilts always seem perfect when you are doing them but usually turn out too fast when you watch them. If you think your pan or tilt is the right speed, slow it down halfway as a general rule (completely feel and not a hard fast rule).

Get a tripod.

Have fun.

**** the haters.

8. Trigga Trey thread starter macrumors newbie

Trigga Trey

Thanx A mill...Str8 to tha point.. When I shot this there was no story board I just wanted to see how good a $200 HD would look and get familiar with final cut..But yes i will very well use the tactics I welcome any an all opinions...Ur right >>>IMMA NOOB///_ _ _ _ Tha Haters,lol