plz i need help fcp

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by gabriel007, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gabriel007 macrumors newbie

i have final cut pro i never had problem capturing video from my camera
    Sony HVR-HD1000U until today i start recording video in HD i used to record in SD can some one help me with the setting up FCP i get to the point i can see the capture scream there is communication between the camcorder and the mac cause i can stop rewind and everything from the mac i cant transfer my video from the camcorder to my mac.:confused:

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Are you using the HDV 1080i60 Easy Setup?

Lethal

3. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

i havent

but i just tried to do it , it dint work can u tell me plz which setting should i use i play and rewind but data cant be captured

4. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

If you shot HDV 1080i60 then that's the easy setup you'd use in FCP. Do you have the camera set to send out DV or HDV via FW?

Lethal

5. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok

i realize that i never transfer any videos in final cut pro with my sony i did with imovie 09 and it work so is my first time doing on final cut pro , i have another camera canon xl2 but i try capture the video with that but the canon doesn't play the video probably because is hd i use the setting u already tol me it dit work when i get final cut pro there is alot setting to change thx u for u help

6. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

i am pretty sure is set up automatic

i am pretty sure is set up automatic

7. mBox macrumors 68020

Are you using Firewire?

8. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

ye

I am using firewire I am not sure but on website Sony I found a software u have to download in order final cut pro be compatible with Sony camcorders but I installed don't work I don't know if the.helps Thx

9. mBox macrumors 68020

That is odd cause Sony specially when they give you software always plays nice with FCP. So in FCP when you do a Command+8 (capture) you get the window but you can capture? Are you trying to Batch or just Capture Now option? What exactly happens when you try?
    Most cases if it doesnt work with the camera you wouldnt be able to use any JKL (playback) options.

10. advres Guest

advres

The only time you need software for Sony's are if you are using their EX series cameras which you don't have to worry about

If your Sony records DVCAM then only a Sony will read it and your Canon won't be able to. Try to capture a small portion. Go about a minute into the tape, put and in point, go to a minute later, put and out point and log the clip. Try to "batch capture" tht logged clip and see what happens. We had a hell of a time capturing crap with our old Sony HDV cameras. We always had to put an inpoint at least 5 seconds from the tape head or the capture will fail. Since you have deck control over the camera through FCP, it sound like a small problem. Usually, that is the problem that people run into first.

11. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

plz

this is not a personal recording this is a business i cant get the campute the video i try in imovie just to see what happed imovie doesn't work the only thing i can do in both programs is to control the tape i can't see what is playing no campute it fails
    this what i get everytime i try from final cut pro
    "Capture was aborted due to lack of incoming data from device. Check your connections and the deck is playing

12. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

HDV and DV use the same protocol for deck control so since you are getting control but no video you most likely have mismatched settings somewhere. Make sure your footage is actually in HDV, make sure your camera is set to send HDV out via FW, and make sure you are using the HDV 1080i60 Easy Setup in FCP.

Lethal

13. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

this is my settings

Easy setup
    format: HDV
    Use: HDV-1080i60

Audio/video
    sequence preset: HDV-1080i60
    Capture Preset: HDV
    Device Control Preset: Sony HDV FireWire

i dont know it does give me option video playback hdv only give me apple
    now is
    video playback:none
    audio playback:default

plz tell me what setting u guys using for the above

14. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I've been using the HDV 1080i60 Easy Setup for years w/o any real problem. Are you sure you shot in HDV and are you sure the camera is configured to output HDV via firewire?

Lethal

15. matteusclement macrumors 65816

matteusclement

I don't know if this helps but....
    when ever I can't capture using a new camcorder, the HDV - Apple INtermediate Codec capture settings always seem to work. Granted, your file size is 3x bigger. have you tried that WHILE the camcorder is playing?

16. gabriel007 thread starter macrumors newbie

thx

thx u guys i found the problem was on the firewire setting it was camera setting at down convert i link it has to be on off mode :D:):):):):):)