Plz read. For all macbook pro user, whether you love or dislike your purchase.....

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itcomic, Oct 25, 2008.

1. itcomic macrumors member

http://www.apple.com/feedback/macbookpro.html

send your feedback to the site above. That is the offical apple feedback collection site (I think). I have contacted apple tech for the issue such as loose hinge, flicker screen, and loud trackpad button noise. They said they will not implement enhancement until enough feedback are collected.

Thus, take a min or two to send them your feedback please !

This is a video showing why certain ppl believe the trackpad noise is too loud to be use in quiet environment such as library.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K29jpgK1TPg

The following video indicates the weak/loose hinge problem of the (late 2008) macbook pro

http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=hmN9p9z3KgA

And for those Matte screen supporters, you can simply send your wish to Apple as well.

Peace and Joy for all macbookpro fans.

2. MacGeekDC macrumors 6502

Loud button noise? It's a button, buttons move, moving makes noise.

3. midniteriver macrumors newbie

Actually, no, that's one of my only complaints about the new MBPro.

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

5. itcomic thread starter macrumors member

That's good to know that you are happy with the noise level. You can send them a feedback telling them the new touchpad is good as well. For those who dislike the touchpad noise issue, you can send your feedback/complains/suggestions to the above link.

6. eba macrumors regular

Mine is easier to click and quieter after a week of use. It's now roughly on par with my early 2008 MBP.

7. Fuchal macrumors 68020

If you dont want to use the button cant you turn on tap to click?

8. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

FYI, I just adjusted my touchpad and it's quieter and easier to click. It's pretty simple to do. Flip over the machine and remove the battery. Look for the single semi-large set screw by the touchpad near the front of the machine. It is not a regular phillips or slotted screw it has the shape of a Y. No fears since a small slotted (size 2 works great) screwdriver will fit across the screw. I screwed mine in just slightly. Just make a small adjustment then try clicking the touchpad repeat if necessary. If you go too far in you won't be able to click the pad. Too far out and pad will be sloppy. BTW, the screw is just adjusting the gap in-between the hardstop (screw) and a metallic tab that serves as the clicker/switch. Mine turned extremely easily. I would think that it should have a little thread locker on it to prevent it from moving over time. I'll probably put a drop of Loctite on mine for good measure.

9. itcomic thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the advance. I think we should post a sticky to collect all posts that help us improve our macbook pro using experience. (moderator, wink wink * )

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Holy cow is this for real? Is that YouTube video for real? All I know is Steve better ****ing recognize. Those goddamn keys make noises too! I'll never be able to set foot in a library again! If anyone wonders where I am I'll be at Fashion Island returning my super loud machine.
    I didn't know that it was not normal for the button to make a click noise.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

11. itcomic thread starter macrumors member

I don't think anyone is bored enough to make a fake video accusing the new macbook pro produces such loud noise. However, you can take the suggestion of the person above you to adjust the tightness of the touchpad to reduce noise. But the weak hinge problem cannot be fixed (yet). It is a nice notebook though but returning it may actually make Steves to increaes the Quality Control instead of just focusing on LOOKS.

12. 7even macrumors 6502a

I really think that if noise is such an issue, then the person should use tap-to-click anyway. Either of the mechanical touchpad buttons makes a clicking sound, they're different, but I don't see what the big deal is.

13. itcomic thread starter macrumors member

Some people really dislike to use the tap to click due to the technical issue involved (i don't know what it is as I never like to use any trackpad, I prefer USB laptop mouse) The hinge issue also affects users that prefer to use their notebook when they are on coach, bed, or other situation which their notebook is not balance by any surface. and many other issues like Matta screen, lack of firewire, if anyone has a suggestion, just leave a feedback. that's the whole point of this thread, its not limited to certain well-known issues.