Pny Ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by gmecca2, Mar 2, 2008.

1. gmecca2 macrumors regular

2. highjumppudding macrumors 6502

highjumppudding

PNY is good

I have used PNY in my MacBook Pro and MacPro's. They work great and have a lifetime warranty. Great price too.

Enjoy.

3. gmecca2 thread starter macrumors regular

So I bought the memory and when I installed it the computer now only says I have 256mb. I read reviews of the product and people said it worked in their powerbooks, is it common for a stick to be bad?

4. brn2ski00 macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

Damn, really? I read those reviews too and I saw one dude put it in his iBook or PB. Take it back and give it another shot.

Have you ran any memory tests? Checked the page ins/outs? Thats odd :confused:

5. mdickson macrumors regular

Do you have a 256 mb chip in there also?

Perhaps you didn't insert the 1 gb stick far enough. Sometimes you have to put a little "umph" into it.

6. gmecca2 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes it still has the 256 stick. The 2nd slot still says its empty. I've pushed it with some "umph" and am still not getting any results. If it hasn't worked after 4 swaps and reload I think its a lost cause. I'll exchange it for another stick tomorrow and post my results.

Thanks for the responses.

7. joeybagadonutz macrumors member

I hope the exchange works. Is your Powerbook slower than 1.5? The early PBs used a power saving technique (bus slewing) that slows down processor and memory speed. If you have the older PB, check manufacturer regarding compatibility.

8. gmecca2 thread starter macrumors regular

Good News

Good news for all of you who may need RAM for a 12'' 1.5 Powerbook. The new stick worked. My computer now recognizes the 1.25gb.