Pocket Camcorder Use With iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by Trialser, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Trialser macrumors member

Has anyone used any of the pocket cameras with the iPad? Like the Flip, Kodak Zi8, Vado HD, ... I can sometimes import from my Go Pro HD Helmet cam straight into the photos app, then play through video player. But it doesnt always work. I just got the Reedirector app, and I am wondering if its possible to import from a pocket cam, and edit in Reeldirector? I want to be able to do it without using my laptop, so straight from the camera to the iPad using the camera connection kit.

2. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Using the camera connection kit ive seen it possible to connect a flip mino HD to the iPad and transferring the files from the flip to the ipad itself...however the format from the flip isn't compatible with the ipad, so though the files will transfer over...you won't be able to play or edit them on the ipad...

...the best solution with what ive stated so far is to download an app on your macbook to then grab those flip files from the ipad, when the ipad is connected to your mac.

too cumbersome for my taste.

3. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

Well I was hoping to leave my macbook at home for a trip I'm going on. So I would like to at least be able to import and watch the footage, and maybe just trim them up and put them together in reel director or if iMovie comes out. I downloaded a clip from the kodak zx3 off vimeo, and it looked great and played well. I not sure it was the same format that it comes off the camera though.

4. derekjd macrumors member

I've used Reel Director on the iPad with my Sprint Evo, Aiptek A-HD and Samsung (SDHC) camcorder to edit video in widescreen SD format.

Aiptek: h.264 mp4
    Evo: 3gp
    Samsung: mp4

Unfortunately I could only play anything recorded in 720p HD.

Derek

5. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

just to bump an older thread. With the new 4.3 update imported HD videos from a Zx3 will play over airplay to an aTV but still not on the ipad1. However, I can use reel director to import and edit, at least a smaller video. It then can be exported to the camera roll.