Pocket Lists. The ultimate checklist & to-do app (UPD: app sales figures exposed!)

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by vofka, Dec 4, 2011.

1. vofka macrumors newbie

We have released an application called Pocket Lists, and would like to share it with MacRumors.

[​IMG]

Pocket Lists is the checklist & to-do app featuring OCR (Optical Character Recognition; works offline), collaboration on to-dos via Wi-Fi/Bluetooth for shopping and packing stuff together, multiple sync options, and more.

App Store link: App Store - Pocket Lists
    App website: Pocket Lists for iPhone

Here are few screenshots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Our goal was to create the ultimate checklist & to-do app for iPhone. Initially we (two people in the team) planned to create a small shopping list app with only Internet/Wi-Fi/Bluetooth collaboration feature on board, but then realized thought App Store is missing the checklist & to-do app that we would use ourselves. And we decided to make as best to-do app as we can.

App understands natural English input. E.g. “meeting tomorrow morning”, “car service saturday 7pm”, “prepare christmas gift list on dec 20”, “cinema fri night” — Pocket Lists automatically understands due date from user's input.

Built-in Optical Character Recognition mechanism allows to create to-do lists from real photos taken on iPhone. Awesome for checklists based on what you find in print media (e.g. cookbook recipes). Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.

“Multiplayer” mode: collaboration on lists via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth without Internet connection (based on Apple's Gamekit engine) offers a cool way to go shopping with spouse, or to pack luggage together!

[​IMG]
    App supports sync with Google Tasks, Toodledo and local iPhone Calendar app.

More features that we plan to release soon:
    — Location reminders (such as in iOS 5's "Reminders" app),
    — Integration with Reminders app, Siri, Remember The Milk, Wunderlist, Basecamp and others,
    — Cloud syncing and collaboration,
    — Social collaboration features.

Thank you for taking a look at Pocket Lists!

2. vofka thread starter macrumors newbie

Promocodes:

W7RE3XN7APRX
    E4YXYTTY7PWK
    FMENR9N46NHJ
    NNWFAW6ETPTE
    RWJLK67HMK7L

Would kindly appreciate your feedback!

3. vofka thread starter macrumors newbie

My iPhone app (Productivity) sales charts: $13500 in first 3 months

Here are my productivity iPhone app sales charts in its first 3 moths:
    [​IMG]

Spent about $1000 on promotion. Mostly on paid app reviews which did not work. What worked is being featured by Apple in the "New & Noteworthy" sections. The top day brought $1251!

By country sales:
    [​IMG]

The entire story with more details: http://www.1312.ru/blog/Pocket-Lists-sales-13500-in-first-3-months/

Hopefully our experience will be useful for developers. Please feel free to ask questions — will be glad to answer.

The app name is Pocket Lists ($1.99, 4.5 average rating): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-lists/id482537116?ls=1&mt=8

4. lokerd macrumors 6502a

lokerd

Thanks for the insight. Any total figures (now three months later) vs total time spent on continued app development, support, etc.?

Thanks!

5. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

I don't know why you do this, but thanks a lot vodka, for sharing your real world experience.

Would like myself to get something out there but competition is tough and I'm barely just finding my way around the new OS (former Slackhead/Windows user) and the yummy XCode.

I have a couple questions, if I may.

How did you guys get it to the "New & Noteworthy" section?

Are those charts generated by Apple on the (let's just put it like that) Developers' "hidden" section?