Pocket Positioning

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronHeth, Jul 4, 2007.

1. AaronHeth macrumors member

So, I'm a bit use to flip phones by now (thank God that is gone), and taking the iPhone from my pocket has become a bit of an art on the quickest way to access it. My question is this: where do you keep yours? Shirt pocket? Jacket? Jeans? Belt?

I have a tendency to put it in my pocket, glass-side against hip and upside down, so when I go to grab for it, it comes out perfectly. I can't stand reaching for it and having to turn it upside down for the home button--of course, the headphone jack is on top, so that's another story. :p

2. Stngray macrumors member

On my hip, with the glass toward me, dont want the screen to catch the full brunt from a table corner or something.

3. Gonzlobo Suspended

Left pocket => iphone, glass side in & pocketknife (clipped safely away from phone)
    Right pocket => keys & change

I need to buy more pants with additional pockets.

4. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

I seem to do pretty much the same as you guys. Left pocket with the glass towards my hip. I didn't think about the upside down thing... I'm going to have to try it. Flipping it all the time was kind of a pain. Good call!

5. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

left pocket glass side down and if i can remember it speakers and mic up.

the speaker and mic slots collect lint in em easily as well as being able to hear my phone easier with the mic facing up towards my ear

6. djinn macrumors 68000

djinn

I've never seen a thread about how people position their phones in their pockets before, brilliant!

I put mine in my Right Pocket, screen towards hip, upside-down. I did also get the incase to protect the silver chrome and better handling when I pull the phone out of my pocket. Also, I got the iclear screen protectors. :p

7. JonboyDC macrumors regular

It's in my right front pocket, glass side facing me. But as soon as I'm able to find a way to sync with my work e-mail/contacts/calendar, the iPhone will be moving to the shirt pocket that is currently occupied by my hated Blackberry.

8. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

On a similar note I wish the phone jack was on the bottom (like the Nano) so you could put in upside down while using the iPod feature.

9. switchy macrumors member

I store my iPhone in my left pants pocket, glass up. It's more impressive, I think, when you can spin your devices right-side up out of your pockets ;).. if that made any sense? Just a little extra finesse?

10. jemeinc macrumors 6502a

LOL.. wow, this is really a geeky thread..;-) I keep mine in my left pants pocket, glass side facing me- I just put it in however it goes as far as speakers up or down, though I would imagine up would be better..

11. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

If it's in my pocket, it's in the back. And only when I'm standing. All other times, it's in a small pocket of my purse. Y'all need to get european carryalls like on seinfeld. :)

12. sevans31 macrumors newbie

I would suggest that you orient the iPhone with the glass side facing outward. My reasoning is that if you wear jeans a lot there is this little button thing, maybe two, by the entrance to the pocket. I've found that with other electronics if I slide in or out the device facing this button it will sometimes rub against it. While I'm very careful with pocket entry and exit, I'd rather have the backside of the iphone rub against this button then the glass side.

13. AaronHeth thread starter macrumors member

I do too! Its nice to keep upside down, because, as some have mentioned, its a lot easier to hear any alerts.

14. switchy macrumors member

I typically keep my phone on Vibrate, to feel alerts.