Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RHutch

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2003
Amsterdam, OH
I used to play a game like this on my Commodore 64, Artillery Duel, with my brothers. The old version was much simpler. I don't think there were multiple weapons, but I think that there was wind to deal with. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, it is so easy to play this game for a long time. I told my brother about it. He downloaded it and got hooked quickly also.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by RHutch
I used to play a game like this on my Commodore 64, Artillery Duel, with my brothers. The old version was much simpler. I don't think there were multiple weapons, but I think that there was wind to deal with. Does anyone remember?

Anyway, it is so easy to play this game for a long time. I told my brother about it. He downloaded it and got hooked quickly also.

I do remember and no there wasn't any more weapons as all you had was a fixed castle and a canon. Yes there was wind also and it could change between each shot.

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by MacBandit
I do remember and no there wasn't any more weapons as all you had was a fixed castle and a canon. Yes there was wind also and it could change between each shot.

Go into the options in pocket tank and you can add wind as well - makes it a little more challenging on the higher levels.....:D

D

Mr. Anderson

Moderator emeritus
Nov 1, 2001
VA
Originally posted by MacBandit
Yeah, I noticed the wind option but I haven't tried it yet.

What level of difficulty are you playing at?

10 - and its easy - I have to add the wind and variable direction to lose once in a while.

The key is in selecting your shots at the beginning - go for the ones with the most umph!

Sniper 100pts
Single Shot 60 pts
Chain Reaction ~100 pts or more
Napalm ~ 120+ if you get the enemy in a deep hole.

I've won a game with over 600 pts in ten shots.

D

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
10 - and its easy - I have to add the wind and variable direction to lose once in a while.

The key is in selecting your shots at the beginning - go for the ones with the most umph!

Sniper 100pts
Single Shot 60 pts
Chain Reaction ~100 pts or more
Napalm ~ 120+ if you get the enemy in a deep hole.

I've won a game with over 600 pts in ten shots.

D

Yeah I was figuring that out but hadn't taken the time yet to decide which weapons were the most powerful. My favorites are like the gopher and napalm. The ones that it's hard to miss with.

Wardofsky

macrumors 65816
Aug 6, 2002
I haven't tested it yet but this reminds me of Think Tanks.

I haven't got time to get the direct link, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.