Pocket Tunes and multitasking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stlredbird, Jun 16, 2010.

1. stlredbird macrumors 6502

stlredbird

If Pocket Tunes works with multitasking I'll be in heaven. Any word on that? :D

2. sd13 macrumors regular

No it doesnt work with multitasking. I love the phone but im really upset with the multitasking. It sucks compared to backgrounder. Most apps dont even multitask...this is ridiculous if u ask me. The MAIN reason i upgraded is to stream live audio from internet radio onto my car radio. Now i will have to wait for the damn jailbreak to do a simple task that the iphone should be capable of without it.

3. Tebailey macrumors regular

Any idea if this is done to the app or iOS4? Would a pocket tunes update solve it?

Tom

4. sd13 macrumors regular

i think its app related cause pandora and slacker multitask fine after an update. Does wunder radio or any other alternatives to pocket tunes multitask?

5. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

App Update has been submitted to Apple

All apps have to be updated in order to mutlitask with iOS4.0...if you check the pockettunes website at http://www.normsoft.com/kb/idx/55/302/article/ it says they submitted the updated app to Apple and are awaiting approval.

Bababooey!

6. sd13 macrumors regular

thats good news!

7. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

They are usually very quick with updates, awesome company and program. Can't wait for the update.

8. kjoy064 macrumors newbie

For those that normally take a while to update their apps... Pocket Tunes has been updated and works a treat...

cheers

9. UofM Canes! macrumors newbie

Amazing!

Thanks for the heads up.

10. UCF-ENG macrumors regular

I have been using TuneIn Radio with it's backgrounding API and it works great, and you can record your stream. I think Wounder Radio just submitted their iOS 4 version, so that should be out soon. It will be nice if Clear Channel would get their crap together and update their App, but I would imagine that they will take forever...

11. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Check out ootunes. It multitasks, and can access your siriusxm streams.