Pocket Tunes now Universal

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Zimmy68, May 28, 2010.

1. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

Once Howie Stern disappeared from Shoutcast I decided to break down and finally buy Pocket Tunes, and app that will play the web stream for Sirius along with hundreds of radio stations around the world.

I've been very happy with it on the iPhone.

Today, they released their iPad version for no extra charge (Universal) unlike some others (I'm looking at you, Weber on the Grill).

The app looks amazing on the iPad screen without an inch wasted (looking at you Pandora) ;)

And another plus that I didn't noticed from the iPhone app, you can take what you are listening to and move it to Safari which allows you to basically listen in the background.

Very cool, and highly recommended (at least from me).

2. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

I've used pocket tunes for a couple of years and it's on my top 3 list of what I immediately install on a fresh device. There are a TON of stations, my favs are all the di.fm ones. Glad to see the update.

3. superflush macrumors 6502a

Yes. I saw this too. I got this app mainly to listen to Sirius (for I think $7). It's pretty nice that they've made it Universal with an iPad version taking advantage of the extra screen space.