PocketMac Sync Manager Hangs

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by beth1400, Dec 30, 2008.

1. beth1400 macrumors newbie

I know there have been several posts in the past, but I was wondering if anyone could help me sync my blackberry 8703 with my late 2008 macbook? I installed version 4.1.25 of the pocketmac sync manger, re-started the computer, then installed the driver update. When initialized, the sync process begins, but hangs forever and only partially completes syncing the address book (not calendar, notes, or anything else). I would like to minimally sync my calendar...other items are a bonus. Thanks in advance, and I apologize if I am being redundant.:confused:

2. dannylee78 macrumors newbie

3. jive turkey macrumors 6502

First off, I never had much success with PocketMac, so take my advice with a grain of salt. I can only tell you the three things that seemed to work best with syncing my 8310.

1. Set PM to overwrite the phone instead of 2-way sync. Do that at least once, which I'm guessing you probably have already done.

2. Set iSync to display a data change alert on ANY change. That gets to be very annoying if there are a lot of changes, but it always seemed to solve the hanging issue, as well as most of the crashing issues. (Note this does not mean that things always synced correctly as some changes I made on my Blackberry didn't even generate a data change alert on syncs, and others ignored my choice.)

3. Reset iSync history often. This seems to cause even longer syncing sessions, but helped some.

You can try some of these things and see if they work for you, just make sure you backup your calendar and address book first as they don't always behave with PocketMac.

4. beth1400 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for the advice! I tried several variations of the suggested fixes, but still couldn't get it to sync. I heard through the grapevine that RIM is coming out with a software fix early this year. In the meantime, I downloaded "Missing Sync". Got the trial version working right now...works like a breeze, but it only syncs iCal, iContact, ect. It doesn't sync Entourage. However, my Mac is now SYNCING with my BB 8703! Yay!

5. jive turkey macrumors 6502

The Missing Sync for Blackberry page says it syncs with Entourage. I have never done it but you may want to poke around a little bit. Perhaps it doesn't work on the 8700 series.

6. i_know_things macrumors newbie

Just follow the instructions on this website and you'll be fine.

http://www.markspace.com/support/remove_pocketmac.html.

Remember:

a) Restart Macbook after you are done deleting the files.
    b) Install Pocketmac and click on Quit once you are through.
    c) Install Drivers for new MacbookPros and then eventually reboot.