Pod Touch battery discharging

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by csonni, Jan 21, 2009.

1. csonni macrumors newbie

I have the 2G iPod Touch and have noticed as of late that my battery seems to be discharging when not in use. I don't always turn the Touch completely off, but the battery shouldn't discharge that quickly. I have 3rd party apps on it. I'm wondering if any apps could be draining the battery when not running. Is that possible? Lastly, is it best to charge the battery when the Touch is entirely off or not? When I say "off", I mean holding the power button down until you can shut down.

2. slieu92 macrumors regular

wifi and screen brightness drains, and not calibrating a rechargeable battery as well.

EDIT: what 3rd party apps? cuz 2nd gen hasn't been jailbroken yet.

3. csonni thread starter macrumors newbie

It seems to discharge even when it's off. By 3rd party apps I am referring to all the apps you can download at the Apple Store. I'll try calibrating the battery.

4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

Nothing from the App Store should be affecting it, Apple restricts what developers can do and as a result NO 3rd party app can run unless the user actually has it open and is using it (in other words, pressing the home button instantly ends the processes associated with that 3rd party app). There's no way an App Store app will be running in the background while the iPod is asleep.

Sounds more like a screwy battery.