Podcast App - Fast Forward when using Bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by robertpolson, Aug 8, 2017.

1. robertpolson macrumors regular

While using the Apple Podcast app in the car, I noticed that there is no way to fast-forward using the car controls as the Podcast app skips to the next Podcast rather than fast-forward 30 seconds or so like most other apps.

I assume that this is a poor design choice and Apple will not change this or is there a setting for this somewhere?

2. yegon macrumors 68020

It’s the lack of such essential options that drew me away from the default Podcast years and years ago.

Doesn’t answer your question, but I strongly suggest investigating much better alternatives like Overcast (my choice), Downcast (which I used for years before Overcast appeared) or Pocket Casts. All of these are soooo much better than the default, you wouldn’t believe.

3. ericg301 macrumors 6502a

4. robertpolson thread starter macrumors regular

Sounds cool in theory but in practice, it takes too long when using the bluetooth speaker and microphone compared to a simple button press.

I settled on Overcast.

5. RedGT macrumors member

RedGT

RSSRADIO will do the trick when you press >> on a car radio whether on a stick or the radio it self you get to skip what ever time you have entered in the preferences.